Chapter 21

Hoskins turned around to the sound of the engine. Owen drove the others up to the Paddock. The jeep splashed in a large puddle as Owen killed off the engine. Owen wasted no time getting out of the jeep, heading straight towards Hoskins. "Marlo, stay in the Jeep," Claire warned.

     "Wasn't going to do anything," Marlo mumbled.

     "Oh, I'm sure that's the truth," Claire replied sarcastically.

     "You know me so well." Marlo grinned. Claire rolled her eyes as she got out, slamming the door shut. Marlo watched her brother and Claire walk over to Hoskins. The sound of the Raptors could be heard from inside the jeep. But that was all that they could hear from the jeep, the rest of the sounds were muffled.

     "The mother hen has finally arrived." Hoskins smirked as he stroked over to Owen. Marlo couldn't wait until the day he had his smirk slapped right off of his face.

     Owen brought his left arm back and punched Hoskins in the face, Marlo spoke too soon. Marlo winced at the sound as Hoskins' face turned to his left, he stumbled back. Gray let out an 'ooh' as he leaned back. Zach covered his mouth as he tried not to laugh. Hoskins turned his head, his right hand holding his jaw as a few guards came up behind him.

     "Get the hell out of here and stay away from my animals," Owen threatened as Hoskins let go of his jaw.

     "Hoskins, you wanted this to happen, you son of a bitch!" Claire spoke from Owen left.

     "Jesus! How many more people have to die before this mission starts to make sense to you?" Hoskins glared as he looked between the two of them, occasionally holding onto his jaw.

     "It's not a mission. It's a field test." Barry moved to stand next to Claire, looking at Hoskins with pure hate. Hoskins looked away from him and over to Owen.

     "This is an InGen situation now." Claire shook her head, not believing a word that came out of Hoskins' mouth. She couldn't believe he had the nerve to say any of this. "Okay, there are gonna be cruise ships that show up here at first light." He pointed to the ground, his voice raising as he tried to show 'reason' to the three in front of him. "Everybody's gonna get off this island." He looked to Owen. "You're gonna watch a news story tomorrow about how you all saved lives." He looked to the others before pointing his finger at Owen. "No, better yet, how your animals saved lives."

     Owen stayed silent as he looked to Barry. Both Barry and Claire looked at him. "They've never been out of containment," Barry informed him. "It's crazy."

     Hoskins turned back, waving his arm at his men as he yelled, "Let's move it out!" A couple of guards started up jeeps, yelling to others to go while Hoskins turned back to Owen, getting closer to his face as he yelled. "This is happening!" His voice lowered slightly. "With or without you." Owen started at him still.

     "He can't be serious." Marlo glared at Hoskins.

     "What?"

     Marlo looked to Gray. "He's going to use our Raptors to try and catch that thing out there."

     "Would he really do that?"

     "Yes, he would."

     "How do you know?"

     "He's insane. He's actually insane. I swear he broke out of a psychiatric hospital, there's something not right in his head. If he has the nerve to even suggest that to Owen, he better expect another punch."

     "You really hate this guy, don't you Mars?" Zach looked to her face.

     "Look me in the eyes. Look me in my black and bruised eye and say that again," Marlo's voice was low, so much so that Zach and Gray could barely hear her, and she got out of the jeep.