Flight Turbulence

Reid never came back that Monday and I asked around but no one knows what happened to him. As for Mr. Grayson he has been ignoring me, he sends Ms. Stevens to bring me my assignments for the day. He even gets one of the 'cubicle girls' to sit in on meetings with him. He's avoiding me like I'm the one who got caught fucking in the workplace. It's been a whole damn month, if this is how it's going to be I can find a new job. Just thinking about the situation riled me up so I walked to his office and knocked, I'm definitely waiting for a reply this time. "Come in" his timeless voice answered. When I entered his normally stoic face looked seemingly shocked.

"I need to talk to you sir" I stated.

"Alright have a seat, shut the door behind you" he said. I shut the door and went to sit across from him.

"So for the past month I noticed that you've been avoiding me, and as a boss you're slacking off on your workload. I know why you're avoiding me, excuse my French but I don't give two fucks that you were having sex. Just lock your door next time. Now with that being said I want this job for the experience, not for the money. So if you won't be challenging me I can take my services elsewhere" I said.

"Fille stupide" (Stupid girl) he chuckled. I rolled my eyes he's probably talking shit. "This honestly couldn't have been more perfect timing, since it's not challenging enough, you'll be accompanying me on a trip to France. I need to handle some business, we are staying for 3 days" he replied.

My mouth gaped open 'Grumpy Grayson' say what now.... "We leave tonight at 5pm, take the rest of the day off....for your troubles" he added smirking. I left his office in shock, this man just offered me a trip to France so I won't quit. What is he planning? When I got home I went ahead and packed my bag.

•Bonnet
•Hair products
•Toiletries
•Clothes (and extras)
•Bras and underwear
•Lingerie for sexy French guys
•Shoes
•IPad

I think that's it if so I'll just buy anything I need. I cooked myself some Jambalaya with shrimp, then I ate while watching Grey's Anatomy. I have a love/hate relationship with this show. It's so damn dramatic but I can't stop watching it.

"Meredith you know how to swim, what are you doing" I yelled at the tv. I looked at my phone and it was 4:47. I got up and brushed my teeth, washed the dishes, then drug my suitcase to the door. By the time I was finished there was a knock on my door. I opened it and it was Grumpy Grayson's driver.

"Your luggage ma'am" he asked.

"Oh it's right there" I pointed. "I'll be right out" I cut off all the lights and I turned off the tv. I locked up my house then made my way to the limousine where the driver had the door open for me. I climbed inside only to be greeted, well to be scared shitless by my boss.

"You look nice" he spoke making me scream.

"Oh my god I didn't know you were in here" I laughed. "Oh and thanks" I added. I was wearing a tan sundress with gladiator sandals, my hair was just everywhere so I'm sure it looked like a mess.

"So were you born in France or are you just from French descent?" I asked

"I was born in France, we moved to The States when I was 13" he smiled. "How'd you know that it was French that I spoke?"

"I took it in high school, I don't really remember much except for a few phrases" I replied and he nodded.

"We're here" he stated. I looked out the window and there was a jet. Did I mention that I'm afraid of heights and planes?

"P-p-plane" I stammered.

"How else would we get there, by boat?" he asked, I almost said hell yeah but then I'd look stupid.

"My parents died on a plane from engine failure" I whispered. He instantly looked sad, like he pitied me.

"Well this is a state of the art machine, I can assure you that we'll be fine ma chéri" (My sweetheart) he said offering his hand. I took it and he helped me out of the car.

"I'm not your sweetheart either" I said making him laugh.

"Vous serez, très bientôt, is that one the words you learned in French class" (You will be,very soon) he chuckled leading me to the plane. I wish he'd quit saying slick shit in French.

"Yep, why are you being so nice you're like a statue at the office"

"Maybe it's because I'm spending time with you" he smiled.

"Ew gross don't try to flirt, that's not you" I laughed.

"You're right. No need for flirting, I always get what I want" he smirked. Not today Satan, we boarded the plane and I quickly took a seat. Grumpy Grayson sat across from me.

"Mr. Grayson-"

"Call me Matteo" he smiled.

"Not Victor?" I asked. His smile faltered but he caught himself.

"My associates call my Victor, it gets tiring" he said. He stood up and fixed himself a drink. "Wine?" he offered.

"No thanks, I don't drink" I replied. My hands started to get sweaty, as I thought about the plane getting ready for take off.

"Calm down Maya, we'll be fine" Matteo said retaking his seat across from me. He sat there sipping his wine all calm and collected, while I was having a mini heart attack.

"You don't have a server or anything on board" I asked.

"No, I like my privacy. It's just the two of us" he smirked. I would be focused on his words if I wasn't freaking out about dying. The engine started and I let out a scream. "Jesus Maya calment vers le bas" (Jesus Maya, calm down) he groaned.

"Your words would probably be a whole lot more comforting if I knew what you were saying" I snapped.

"You want some head?" he asked raising an eyebrow. That definitely distracted me from the fly tin can of death.

"What no, you're not my type and you're my boss" I said taken aback, this man has lost his mind.

"Just asking" he shrugged.

"I hate you so much right now" I stated rolling my eyes at him.

"What ma chéri?" he laughed.

"Call me that again and I will castrate you" I grimaced clutching the armrests.

"Fiesty" he chuckled. After watching a few movies on the flat screen I was beginning to feel drowsy. "We have a lot of time ahead of us so try to get some sleep" he said noticing me doze off. He said something else but it sounded like French so I didn't pay much attention to it.

"Rêves doux ma reine "