Chewed Out

"So you knew who I was the whole time" I asked Matteo.

"Not at first-"

"And you, you said that you had no family and that they were murdered" I said to Roman.

"That's only partially true-"

"I can't believe you two, but what should I expect from lying criminals" I stated.

"Maya let's not do this here" Roman said attempting to calm me down. With Roman it was never that he thought I was weak, he knew what I was capable of and being abusive was his fucked up way of keeping me in check.

"Why it's not like they fucking speak English" I yelled.

"Maya lets go back to my place and talk" Roman suggested.

"She's not going anywhere with you, she came here with me" Matteo butt in.

"To France or the bar, because last time I checked her little ass came out of the woods by herself. Which means you can't keep an eye on her" Roman argued.

"She got away from you for 3 years, and me for 30 minutes. I think I win" Matteo said.

"I'm 22 years old, I can take care of myself" I stated, they both glared at me then back at each other.

"We'll let her choose then" Matteo said. They both looked at me waiting for my answer. I weighed my options out with Roman he'll pester me the entire night about what happened to our child, then he'll kill me when he finds out. With Matteo he's going to yell and maybe choke me, and attempt to kill me. Matteo it is then.

"Listen for tonight, I'll just go with Matteo-"

"Fine then" Roman yelled knocking over his stool startling the other customers.

"Let me go talk to him, I'll be right back" I said to Matteo. I ran outside and caught Roman at his car. "I'm sorry okay? I just don't want to get hurt again. Roman please try to understand" I stated.

"I'm not the same guy I was 3 years ago Maya" he sighed.

"How am I supposed to know that. Those are just words, your actions will make me believe. You have to respect that I'll tell you what happened when I'm ready" he was leaning against the car, with his eyes closed.

"Okay, whatever it takes to show you I've changed" he replied, before I knew it I was hugging him. He still smelled sinful and heavenly all at the same time.

"Thank you" I whispered. He kissed my forehead and sighed.

"I've missed you so much My" he mumbled into my hair. "Victor is waiting for you, you should go" he added after a few seconds. I looked up to see Matteo standing by his car watching us with a look of annoyance.

"Bye Roman" I said.

"Bye My, I like your hair by the way. The curls suite you" he smiled.

I got into the car, prepared to endure lots of yelling

I got into the car, prepared to endure lots of yelling. Though it never came, there was a long sullen silence looming over us. I looked over at Matteo and his face was expressionless. When we got back to his home he told the guards something then one spoke into a walkie talkie. I walked to my room as Matteo trailed behind me. There were two guards standing outside my door.

"There won't be anymore escaping tonight" he stated then walked away. I went inside my room and shut the door. I took a quick shower, twisted my hair, put my bonnet on and got into bed. My dreams led me to a time when I was alone, but those times were sadly better than my current situation.