The Perfect Place

I felt something soft hit my face followed by a stern "Get up". I groggily sat up rubbing my eyes. Did he just....? Then I looked down, feeling extra cushion. Am I in a bed?

"Yes I hit you with a pillow, we'll be landing in a few minutes get up and make yourself look decent" he stated then exited the room. I looked in the mirror and my hair was everywhere, I quickly put it up into a puff. I exited the room and sat across from Matteo who was texting on his phone.

"What happened to Reid?" I asked as I sat down.

"He's gone."

"I know that but why?"

"Mind your damn business" he snapped. The intercom came on and the pilot announced that we'd be landing in two minutes. I closed my eyes and braced myself for the landing. Surprisingly it was a smooth ride down but not so surprisingly Matteo went right back to being all moody.

"What hotel will we be staying in?" I asked.

"We'll be staying in my family home" he stated....I hope they act nothing like him.

We pulled up to a very huge house surrounded by a gate and guards

We pulled up to a very huge house surrounded by a gate and guards...with guns. Am I missing something here?

"Ahh Vic est à la maison votre maman vous a manqué" (Ahh Vic is home your mama has missed you) the guard said once we let down the window.

"Ne lui dites pas que nous venons il est une surprise" (Don't tell her we're coming it's a surprise)

"We?" he crouched down and looked around the inside until his eyes found mine and he smiled.

"This is Maya my assistant" he gestured towards me.

"Sure" he smirked. The guard waved at me and I gave a small smile then waved back. Matteo said his goodbye to the guard then the gate opened. We were dropped off at the door while men came out to get our bags. I followed Matteo inside and few seconds later I heard shouting in French, then a woman rounded the corner. I'm guessing this is his sister.

"Matteo, je vous ai manqué" (Matteo, I've missed you) she said as she hugged him. Then she slapped his head "Vous savez combien de temps il a été" (Do you know how long it's been)

"I'm sorry mama" he smiled sheepishly. Mama? She looks so young and beautiful.

"And who is this" she said turning her attention to me.

"This is my assistant-"

"She is beyond gorgeous, hello I'm Maribella" she smiled widely. I extended my hand for a handshake and she pushed it away and went in for a hug.

"I'm Maya" I choked out, she was hugging me so tight I could hardly breathe.

"Mother" Matteo stated.

"I'm sorry, it's been so long since he's brought a woman home, but in this business it's very understandable"

"This business?" I questioned.

"Yes, you know being-"

"La maman qu'elle ne connaît pas, ne l'effrayent pas" (Mama she doesn't know, don't scare her) Matteo said sharply.

"Vous ne lui avez pas dit que, vous connaissez meilleur Matteo" (You didn't tell her, you know better Matteo) Maribella sighed.

"Je lui dirai quand le moment vient" (I'll tell her when the time comes) he said rolling his eyes.

"Very well then, I'll show you around Maya" Maribella said turning to me. We walked down the hall leaving Matteo behind. "This is the kitchen" she said.

"Wow, it must be so nice to cook in here" I stated in awe

"It is, I can show you how to cook traditional French food" she smiled.

"That would be great" I replied. She led me out of the kitchen and up a staircase.

"Do you read?" she asked.

"It's one of my favorite things to do honestly"

"Well you're going to love this next room" she grinned. It's a surprise that she gave birth to Matteo he's all grufflike and rude but she's cheerful and warm. We rounded another corner then went up another staircase. She opened the door which led to a library. "What do you think?" she asked.

"It's amazing" I laughed

"Well it gets even better through that door is where you'll be sleeping so you can read whenever you have free time"

"Alright mama, I think that's enough showing off for right now. We have work to do" Matteo spoke, he just had to ruin the fun.

"Well if he gives you any trouble let me know" she said to me. I laughed at her obvious annoyance at Matteo's interruption.

"Cat and Ariane plan on stopping by for dinner" Matteo stated.

"Are they bringing guests?" Maribella asked.

"You know Cat doesn't go anywhere without Gio, and Ariane said she may bring someone" he stated.

"I hope it's not Adalie" she rolled her eyes then left the room. Adalie....quickie in the office chick?

"So what do we have to do?" I asked.

"Nothing really I was just saving you from her" he smiled.

"She's not that bad, I like her. I'm actually surprised that you are her offspring"

"Hurtful" he chuckled.