Life Is Unfair

I rolled over and the sun's rays pulled me out of my half asleep state. I laid in bed for a few minutes mulling over everything that happened last night.

Roman found me and is claiming to be a different guy now. Which could be true since it's been 3 years.

Matteo and Roman are cousins. Bad news is they're both psycho. One is my boss who felt me up under the dinner table, the other is my ex who got me pregnant.

Good news is they're both sexy but in this case the bad outweighs the good. I got up out of bed and walked inside the bathroom. I looked at the tired version of me staring back at me. I sighed and picked up my toothbrush and toothpaste. As I brushed my teeth I thought about how I was going to face Matteo and his family. Finishing up I went back into the bedroom and pulled on a simple pair of blue jeans and a tank top. I opened the door and not so surprisingly the guards were still there. I continued on, ignoring their presence, and made my way downstairs. I could hear low voices coming from the kitchen and when I entered all eyes seemed to be on me. Maribella and Cat continued to cook while Giovanni, Matteo, Roman, and Ariane stared at me.

"Stop making her feel so uncomfortable, this all could have been avoided if you two would have came clean in the first place" Maribella said to Roman and Matteo. They all stopped staring when she glared at them. "Have a seat Maya breakfast will be ready in a minute" she smiled, changing her demeanor. I sat at the far end of the table so I wouldn't be too close to either of them. Maribella and Cat came by, sitting a plate in front of everyone, then they took their seats. It impresses me that she'd rather cook than get her workers to do it. The food looked like heaven but too bad I wasn't hungry, I had so much on my mind at the moment.

"So are we just going to ignore the elephant in the room and act like she's welcome here" Ariane blurted out.

"Ariane please show some respect for our guest" Maribella scolded.

"Why should I? She's not family, all she does is cause trouble, she started a war in less then 24 hours. She left Roman and caused him to go on a killing spree, and she snuck out and Matteo freaked out and destroyed his office" she yelled.

"You went on a killing spree?" I questioned.

"Of course that's the one part she pays attention to" Ariane rolled her eyes and sneered with disgust.

"Look I didn't ask to be here but if you want me out get me out, you'd be doing both of us a favor" I snapped. Everyone seemed fairly surprised at my outburst, even me.

"She's not going anywhere" Matteo stated.

"For once I can agree with him" Roman added on. I rolled my eyes at them and continued to pick at my food. I am completely done with this situation and I just want to go home.

_________________
We obviously don't always get what we want in life because I'm stuck here in this boring place. Matteo refuses to talk to me after he walked in on Roman kissing me. I'm not going to say I didn't enjoy it but it wasn't supposed to happen. We had been hanging out a little since he won't go back to his place and there's nothing else to do here. Basically we spent our time catching up and reminiscing but apparently he was too wrapped up in the moment. In other news I haven't even heard anything pertaining to the so called war that's going on so maybe I could go back home where I belong.

"Hey Matteo, can we talk" I asked entering his office.

"Not now, I have someplace to be" he stated. He pulled on his jacket and started to walk past me.

"Well this can't wait so I'm coming too" I stated following him.

"You can't it's too dangerous"

"I'll be with you, that's enough protection. Plus it's boring here I need some fresh air" I whined. He stared at me with a look of frustration etched on his face.

"You're not taking no for an answer are you" he asked.

"Nope, I'm ready when you are" I replied smiling. We made our way outside and waiting for us was a matte black Range Rover. I got in the car and he walked around to the drivers side.

"No driver today?" I questioned.

"I like to be independent sometimes" he pulled out of the driveway and after a few minutes of driving we were in the city. I was in awe of the beautiful buildings and statues. I almost forgot that I was in Paris, due to everything that's been going on. We stopped at a red light and I noticed some men eyeing Matteo and I, and they looked anything but friendly.

"Hey Matteo do you know them" I asked pointing in their direction. He turned his attention to them then yelled.

"Get down" it sounded like but I couldn't hear him over the sound of shattering glass and gunshots. It was like everything went in slow motion, Matteo pulled out a gun and started to fire back as I was crouched down on the floor. Suddenly I felt a burning sensation, then another. The bullets serenaded the streets as I lost all consciousness.