Another Loop

I woke up on the bed, and I instantly jumped up making pain shoot right to my head. He choked me, Matteo strangled me and I passed out. This is another reason I left Roman, I have a horrible sense of judgment. I need to get the hell out of here. If I jumped out of the window that would be suicide I'm too high up. I'll have to find a way to sneak past the guards and make it into the woods. I pulled on black jeans, nikes and a navy blue tshirt. The only thing I need to bring is my cell phone and money. I peeked outside the door and I didn't see anyone in the hallway. I quietly walked down the hall until I heard voices coming from inside a room.

"You know she would never threaten us, she knows what life like this is like and you hurt her!" Maribella yelled. "How dare you put your hands on a woman" she added.

"I said I would apologize when she wakes up, what else do you want from me?" he mumbled. Typical, he's an ass even to his mother. I tiptoed past the room and I practically sprinted downstairs. This place is not as heavily guarded as I thought. The den was clear and so was the dining room. I made it to the back door and I walked. When the fresh air hit my face I broke out into a run across the lawn. Just keep running Maya, don't stop running. Apparently these guards were on an extended lunch because I made it into the woods with no problem.
_________________________
The woods in France are no joke, I definitely got lost. I finally made it to a road and followed it to a bar. I pulled up Google translate on my phone and looked up how to ask for directions to the nearest airport.

"Comment j'arrive à l'aéroport le plus proche" I asked the bartender and I immediately felt dumb after asking because I had no idea what she said.

"I can show you My" a familiar voice said, one that I haven't heard in a very long time. I spent all this time worrying about getting away from Matteo that I forgot about the one man I should've been worried about.

"Roman, long time no see" I stated turning to face him. He was still as beautiful as ever, even with his cold demeanor.

"Maya, still looking good as ever

"Maya, still looking good as ever. What bring you all the way out here to France?" he inquired.

"Just tying up loose ends but I finished up my business today. I'm just trying to get home" I replied. I knew that I wasn't going to walk away from this situation but I had to try.

"Tying up loose ends before leaving, smart girl. Where was all this knowledge 3 years ago?"

"3 years is a long time to look for someone Mr. Valencio"

"You left without an explanation and you took my unborn child, I didn't care how long it took. I was going to find you" he stated. I was shook honestly, how did he know about the baby? "Where is my child Maya?" he added with anger in his voice.

"Roman listen-"

"Don't make me ask twice" he said grabbing my arm. I couldn't bring myself to tell him that child no longer exists. I can't tell him that our baby is dead.

"Well isn't this a wonderful reunion" Matteo clapped. I'm horrible at getting away from people.

"Stay out of this Victor

"Stay out of this Victor. This is between Maya and I" Roman growled. Am I missing something here?

"Maya and I have things to discuss as well Roman. You've been waiting for 3 years I'm sure you can wait for 3 minutes" he smirked. The way they're talking is giving me a bad feeling, like they know each other.

"You knew I was looking for her, and you kept her from me" Roman was getting angry, and his grip on my arm got tighter.

"All is fair in love and war, and let her arm go before you hurt her dipshit" Matteo said rolling his eyes. Oh now he's worried about hurting me.

"You guys are confusing me am I missing something?" I asked. Bitch of course you are, my conscience replied.

"Maya meet my cousin Victor Grayson" Roman sighed.....I officially hate my life.

"Your what?" I asked.

"We're related Maya, he's my cousin. Keep up with the program" Matteo said.