Love

They often say that I you can't love yourself, then you can't love anybody else.

But, what if you don't know what love is?

What is love? Because I don't know how you can feel something when you don't know what it is. Maybe you can...but then, how do you know what you're feeling?

The dictionary gives it a few definitions. Love. A noun. A strong feeling of affection, but I think it's more than that. A strong feeling of affection and sexual attraction, but somehow, I still think there's something more...

But can you really give a true definition to a feeling? A feeling that most even say is indescribable.

Is love the feeling when just thinking about the person makes you happy, when you thought you could no longer feel happiness?

Is it the feeling of excitement every time you see them, when you thought nothing could excite you anymore?

Is it the feeling of being content in their presence, when an awkward silence, is no longer awkward but just, pleasant and peaceful?

Or is it the feeling of sadness, when you think about them leaving you, or even you leaving them, when you thought it couldn't get any worse...

Or is it simply the feeling of feeling. Feeling, when usually you are blank, when you are empty; like a painter throwing colour onto a plain canvas, but as quickly as the colours come, they go, they fade, sometimes faster than they appear.

Or maybe it is truly indescribable...an indescribable bliss...a fleeting, indescribable feeling.

But then...if I don't know what it is...

How do I know if I'm in love or not?

48 hour update: I now know what love is; I almost wish I didn't.

Ignorance is bliss.

66 hour update: Life and love, such a rollercoaster...maybe it isn't so bad after all.