Episode 2: Power

Charlie's Pov, The next morning
Today was Tuesday. I honestly couldn't wait for the week to be over. Why couldn't my last year of middle school go by faster? When I woke up I saw the person was gone. I only say person because I won't know if it's a boy or girl until I see their face along with them stating what gender they were. Of course, I wouldn't go searching for them so it really doesn't matter. I had woken up later then usual and already knew I wouldn't be able to catch the bus. I grab clean clothes before running into the bathroom to take a shower.

After I finished breakfast I ran to the door only to see the bus just leaving. Zeke came up behind me and said, "It's fine I'll walk you to school". I nodded at him and he grabbed his stuff.  We told Mom and Dad we loved them and walked out. About halfway to school I heard footsteps behind us and looked back to find nothing but ,when I turned around I saw David and a few other boys looking at us. Astro wasn't with him this time. David must have noticed I wasn't getting on the bus and had waited until I left. Or something weird that involved stalking. He cracked his knuckles and began walking towards us.

David started running all of a sudden. As he got closer he slowed down,  trying to punch Zeke multiple times rapidly. Zeke dodged David's punches.  Each and every one of them. When he saw David begin to get tired he punched him right in the face. David fell over, groaning while holding his face. He tried to kick Zeke from the ground but Zeke grabbed his leg and jumped on David. He began repeatedly punching him in a similar way to how David had tried earlier.  Then David pushed him off so he could slowly get up. David growled and threw another punch.

Zeke dodged and then kicked him in his stomach. Sending him rolling as David moved his hands to protect his body. Zeke looked over at me with that odd look in his eyes again, "I got this, go get to school".

I nodded and started running but a few blocks later an older boy who was probably around Zeke's age grabbed me from a large bush and pushed me to the ground. I looked up and saw that the boy had a baseball bat in his hand. Made of Aluminium. I think.

I knew I had seen this particular bat somewhere but I didn't remember where. I saw him lift the bat into the air and felt a fear like never before and I screamed, "PLEASE STOP I'M BEGGING YOU"! Then I felt something weird building up in my body. The boy swung the bat so I lifted my hand up to him and felt something leave my hand and suddenly the boy was flying backwards.  He went through a person's house window. I didn't want to be caught so I began running to school with tears threatening to drop down my face.

I was almost at school when suddenly I heard a scream laced with fear so I stopped. I looked and saw a small girl standing in the street reaching down to get a ball. The only thing dangerous was that a car was coming and it wasn't slowing down. I then ran towards the girl, grabbed her and ran towards the sidewalk as the car passed, barely missed us. Suddenly a woman walked up to us. She looked hysterical. She cried, "Thank you for saving my daughter".

I looked at her and asked, "Are you okay"?

She nodded, "My husband just decided to leave me with two kids and a busy schedule, I'm looking for a person to watch my kids while I go to work". I wanted to tell her I had school but then a second child looked out from behind his mother's legs.

It was boy who looked at me with a light sparkling in his eyes before saying, "Thank you for saving my sister".

My heart was conflicted about accepting this so I asked, "Why aren't they at school"?

The woman sighed sadly and said, "My son Jacob Buller was happy to see one of his friends, so he gave him a hug and a kiss". My mind already figured what happened next so when she told me he had been bullied and threatened I wasn't surprised.