Episode 4: Family

Unknown Pov
I laughed at the person crawling away from me as I walked slowly towards them. They weren't a threat anymore but I hated when people talked down to me as if they're on my level. I'm on a level exclusively for myself and nobody will ever reach it. As punishment for talking down to me I decided to cut off her legs. She was trying so desperately to escape but she knew that wasn't possible so she just started crying like a little baby. I lifted her up by the neck and gazed up at her. I quickly became bored fast and simply used my 'weapon' to rip her body apart. As her organs flew out from her body and her blood spilled down my body like rainwater I let loose a smirk before beginning my meal.

Charlie's Pov
I slowly moved my body as I woke up. My neck had gotten stiff from not being used all day. My mother and father must've carried us upstairs. It was still quite early. The sun hadn't come up yet and I wasn't going to risk going downstairs to check. I then cleared my sleep-induced brain and remembered that I had a phone. I checked the time and saw that it was 6:37. Gotta get ready. I didn't want to but nevertheless it was inevitable. I found some clean clothes and then I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, took a look at myself in the mirror and took a quick shower.

After I emerged I quickly put on the clean clothes and put the dirty clothes in a neat pile that my mom would wash. I decided to head downstairs and when I got there I saw my mother and father along with Zeke talking about something at the kitchen table. Zeke glanced nervously at me as mom looked down at the food she had. Dad was having a staring contest with his coffee. I quickly made some cereal and asked, "What's the matter guys"?

Dad gave a look of anger at my mother but he sighed miserably and declared, "I wasn't going to bring this up before but since he's back in town.......we have to tell you something".

I watched my father with interest before asking, "What could be so bad that you'd get so nervous".

Dad then dropped a bomb that broke a major rule, "Zeke is only your half brother".

I was shocked for a few moments then I felt confusion but then there was only anger. I growled, "Screw you all". Mom got a shocked look on her face and Dad's warped into one of pity.

Mom asked, "Why are you so mad"? Confusion written all over her face.

I glared at her and said, "After Grandfather died we promised we wouldn't keep secrets anymore. It only happened a year ago. Have you already forgotten? You guys decided to keep that a secret from the rest of our family just because they were in different states or weren't in our town. Then what happened? When everyone found out and took their anger out on you two then you decided to make OUR lives miserable". Mom tried to speak but I slammed my hands on the table and grabbed the sweater I had on the wooden chair, walked out the front door into the cool early morning air and slammed the door behind me.

Alex's Pov
As I continued to hope for the pain to end I decided to once again retreat into my own mind. I was again in a forest and again not chained to the chair anymore. My mother and Charlie once again appeared from deeper within the forest. "Why am I back here again"?

My mother smiled and said, "You wish to once again hide yourself from the pain, like the coward you are. You'll never be able to get with Charlie at that rate."

I shook my head and growled, "Charlie is together with Zeke, I would never want to ruin his happiness".

My mother chuckled and then said, "How noble of you".

All of a sudden she stopped smiling and asked, "When are you going to face reality"?

I said, "I don't know what you're talking about". She smiled and seemed to start giggling.

She nodded at me and asked, "Has Jason ripped off everything, including your......"?

I nodded painfully and sighed, "It's a good thing I can regenerate or else I would be dickless forever".

My mother gasped, "Such dirty language, where's the bar of soap for your mouth"? I opened my mouth to reply but my mother cut me off, "My great mind just had an idea, Alex my child why don't you focus on that power you gave Charlie"?

I looked at her and asked, "When did I give him a power"?

My mom replied, "It could've been anytime, but you didn't kiss him like you did to Smith in one of your past lives so I can't be sure. I still felt you inside him however".

I blushed at her unknowingly dirty comment and tried to focus on my energy along with Charlie's. I then found myself looking through Charlie's eyes as he ran in almost complete darkness, with only a few rays of light coming from the rising sun. The Charlie in my head began talking, "Now you can simply watch me, I bet that's more interesting than watching yourself be tortured or talking to your mom and I". I didn't grace them with an answer and simply watched normal Charlie run.