British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twelve

"Giving information to Moscow is serious. Giving information to anyone is serious. Some information would do Britain less harm if given to the Kremlin than if given to the Cabinet."

Yes Minister

Chapter Twelve

Post 265: 

Okay, lesson of the day. If you are going to give out a fake number to somebody, make sure there is a 100% chance that you will never run into them again. Like make sure that they are leaving the country permanently the very next day, or something! Otherwise you will enter a world of awkwardness when you do run into him again, especially if your sat having dinner with your boyfriend's parents house! 

"Fake number, very inventive! Did you know it lead to a sex line?" Dan questioned, a smirk placing on his lips, as the queen choked slightly on her soup.

"I didn't actually," Nora admitted, feeling completely awkward. 

"Daniel? Do you know Nora?" the king questioned, pulling Dan's gaze away from Nora. Milo sat silently in his seat, staring at Dan. He didn't like the way he had been staring at her. The Dan Milo grew up with was friendly and mature, but the Dan he saw staring at Nora, was not friendly. He had been staring at her as if she was a piece of meat. 

"You could say that! She fell on me while drunk and then we met a few days later! I kindly helped her out my picking out some painkillers for her and in return she gave me a fake phone number which then led me to a sex line," Dan replied to his father, before sitting at the top of the table next to MIlo and the king. "May I ask why Miss Flynn is joining up for dinner?" 

"She's my girlfriend," Milo growled, not losing eye contact with his older brother. Nora gulped at the word 'girlfriend'. He had asked her earlier, and she hadn't answered him. She wanted to say yes, everything in her body was telling her to say yes, but she didn't want to say anything. In fact at the mention of the word 'girlfriend', Nora wouldn't rather to anything else other snuggle up in bed, watching the notebook with an endless supply of ice cream while writing hate mail to her recent 'boyfriend' (more recently ex-boyfriend) in the form of posts on her blog. That's always were the word 'girlfriend' ended her up.

"Ah, so this is the girl you met!" Dan replied smirking, snapping Nora out of her day dream. "Well, I must say, she's a looker!" He added, a cold look in his eyes contrasting with the challenging smirk playing on his lips.

"Daniel, stop being silly!" the queen commanded, picking up on the fact that Milo was getting angrier and angrier at Dan. The queen had always thought of Dan as one of her own children, and had raised him as if she was his mother. Daniel's real mother hadn't never been consistent during Dan's childhood. The king hadn't known about him till he was six years old, when his mother wrote the king a letter from rehab. By then, the king and queen were engaged. The queen automatically adopted Dan into the family, ignoring the fact that there was no blood link between her and Dan. Dan grew up with Milo in the palace, until he was 18 when he moved out and got a job. 

Dan sat down on his seat, a waiter automatically appeared with a bowl of soup for him. Dan picked up his spoon and began to eat, his eye's not moving from Nora. Nora felt the eyes burning into her, but she ignored him and carried on eating her soup.

Silence filled the room as everyone entered their bubble of thoughts. Milo was thinking of fifty ways to murder your brother and get away with it, Nora was wondering why the hell Dan was here, The queen was wondering what the hell was going on with Dan, and the king was trying to figure out who smashed all his Rolling Stone records — still believing that it was his wife.