British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty-Four

'The English never smash in a face. They merely refrain from asking it to dinner,'

Margaret Halsey

Chapter Thirty-Four

"What?" Nora questioned, her entire body going numb. Her green eyes glued themselves to Milo, not wanting to move.

"I love you, Nora Flynn! For gods sake, I love you," Milo repeated, the words more confident this time as he started to think straight - well as straight as somebody who ran away to Ireland to tell their ex-girlfriend that they love them could. "You're all I can ever think about, your name is literally on repeat on my head, just going over and over! And when you're not with me, it's worse, every single thought is about you. I don't want to get out of bed, I don't want to eat, not without knowing that you're okay, that you are safe,"

Nora stood in the doorway to her house, for once, her mind was completely blank. There were no over-reacting thoughts, no major freak outs - there was nothing. Nothing was registering. She stood there, completely wide-eyed in shock of Milo's words, trying to make sense of what he was saying.

"Do you love me back? Because if you do, I want to know right here, right now!" Milo demanded, as brain function began to return to Nora. He had come all this way for her, the girl who walked out on him over a silly fight and didn't look back, the girl who had cried herself to sleep for the few nights. The girl who had broken his heart by leaving, all because she was scared.

"M-m-milo, just go," she stuttered, her voice barely louder than a whisper. Her words came out as a croak as her throat was dry from shock. Her eyes fell from him and landed on the floor, unable to look at him any longer without crashing her lips into his.

Her mind began to replay every single kiss they had shared. The feeling of his lips tingled on her, remembering how he could go from a light, innocent peck on the lips to a harsh kiss, biting on her lips making her beg for more than just a kiss. His taste, his smell, it all invaded Nora's mind in a couple of seconds. She finally crashed back down to earth, realising that Milo was replying to her words which pained her so much to say them.

"No, Nora, don't say that!" He replied, shaking his head in disbelief, stepping backwards a little "Don't say it," Milo cried, his voice filling with pain. His eyes not leaving Nora.

"Ju-just go," She shuttered, her voice sounding weak and pained, not coming out as she had hoped.

"No," he replied firmly. He stepped forward, grabbing his arms out and pulling Nora close to her. Her arms fell to nothing, unable to build up the courage to push him away. He quickly leaned closer to her, his lips landing on to hers. Her lips instantly reacted and kissed him back, wanting more and more. Her body melted into his as he pulled her close to his body, not wanting to leave any space between them. She kissed him back, his lips attacking hers.

All thinking - rational and irrational - flew out the window. His words; her words; the act of breathing. For a moment it was all forgotten. The world they lived in became just that bit more perfect, just that bit more purer; but it had to end just as quickly as it began. His lips left her, the familiar tingling of their kiss lingering on Nora's lips. Then her brain began to think again, remembering all that had happened before he kissed her, and her gaze dropped straight to the floor.

He stretched his arm out to Nora's face, pushing her gaze up from the floor to meet his eyes. "Tell me that you want me to leave. Look me in the eyes and tell me that you don't love me and that you don't want to see me ever again, and I'll leave," he choked, the words killing him and much as they were killing her.

Her green eyes pieced into the blue of his eyes as she tried to build up enough courage to say the words - the three little words that he wanted to hear. She opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out. Three words floated around her mind, three small words, but she shoved them down. "J-just leave, Milo," she whispered, before quickly stepping back and slamming the door shut. She quickly locked the door, before leaning against it and slowly sliding down in, silent tears falling down her face.