British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Three

'We do not regard the English as foreigners. We look on them only as rather mad Norwegians,'

Halvard Lange

Chapter Twenty-three

Post 276

I never do get the American obsession with the royal family. I mean, many Americans won't see it, but the Brit's actually believe that Americans know more about their own monarchy that they do! And, I just never understood it really! What's so cool about the monarchy? 

“Milo! Put me down! I can still walk!” Nora shouted for the millionth time as Milo carried her over the threshold of the apartment. He had carried all the way up from the taxi, much to Nora’s dislike. 

“No, you’re not walking!” Milo replied, not even daring to drop her. He walked into the hall, with Skye behind him, closing the front door before walking past him to open her bedroom door. Milo followed Skye, walking into Nora’s bedroom before laying her on the bed.

“Nora - don’t you dare move from that bed!” Milo commanded, making Nora look up at him with a challenging smirk playing on her lips.

“I’m fine! The doctor let me go,” She argued, hating that Milo was confining her to a bed.

“He let you out with the promise that you would be staying in your bed for the next three days to fully heal! You could still rip your stitches and that would mean going back to the hospital, and I don’t think you want to go back there!” Milo retorted, his blue eyes shining with the happiness that Nora had been let go. He knew that she hated hospitals and she was already returning to her normal, arguing self. 

Nora  simply rolled her green eyes at Milo, knowing that he was right. 

“I’m going to go make pancakes, if you need anything just shout and either me or Skye will come and help,” Milo said, Nora just nodding her head in reply. He leaned over the bed to kiss her softly, before leaving to go make pancakes, hoping that she would listen to him.

Almost as soon as he was out the room, Nora slowly crawled off the bed, and walked over to her wardrobe, determined to ignore the doctor’s orders for her to stay in bed and go out somewhere. She pulled out a pair of jeans and an oversized t-shirt, before laying it on the bed, getting ready to get changed. She slowly pulled her pajama bottoms off, before managing to get her jeans on with minimal pain. Nora pulled the bottoms of her pink pajama top up. Pain from her wound shot up and down her body as she tried to lift her top up, only managing to barely hold it above her head. Nora let out a little scream in pain, before praying in her head that nobody had heard.

“I thought we agreed that you were going to stay in bed?” a voice questioned from behind Nora, making her shuffle round. 

“Fuck,” she swore quietly as she saw Milo standing in her bedroom doorway. If it was Skye, she would of been able to get away with it; but with Milo she had no chance. “I can do this, Milo!” 

“Sure! That why I heard you shouting in pain from the kitchen!” Milo replied, rolling his eyes at his girlfriend. “Just let me help-”

“NO! No! I can do this, Milo! I can get changed alone,” Nora shouted, trying to ignore the piercing pain in her side, making her slight woozy. 

“Nora, come on! I’ve left Skye with the pancakes, just let me help before she burns the apartment down,” Milo said, stepping forward to help her pull the top back down.