British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Nine

'The whole strength of England lies in the fact that the enormous majority of the English people are snobs,'
George Bernard Shaw

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Nora stepped out of the tiny airport, looking around out on to the familiar green hills of the land she called home. A cold wind blast, her curling brown hair going everywhere as she shivered in the cold.

‘So much for summer,’ she said to herself as she scanned the car park with her eyes, looking for her sister’s car. Nora let out a sigh when her expectations were met, her sister was nowhere to be seen. Determined not to give up so easily, Nora dug her hands into her pockets before pulling her mobile phone out, and dialing her sisters number. Nora took the phone up to her ear, listening to the rings, waiting for her sister to pick up.

“Hello?” A voice answered the phone. 

“Abbie, it’s Nora. Where the hell are you?” Nora questioned, looking around the car park once again. 

“I’m almost there!” Abbie cried before disconnecting the call. Nora let out a huff before rolling her eyes at her sister. Abbie had never shown up on time for anything in her life, even to her own wedding, she was two hours late. 

Suddenly a green car sped into the car park, music playing loudly as she watched the crazed driver drove around the car park, before pulling up next to where Nora was standing. Nora shook her head at her sister’s erratic driving. She thought deeply about telling her sister to just go home; it would be safer for her to just catch a taxi than let her sister drive her. But a second later, a cold blast of air hit Nora, making her open the door of  her sister’s car, throwing her bags into the back before opening the front passenger door, Nora needing the warmth of inside of the car. 

“Hello Nora,” Abbie said, before pushing her foot right down to the floor and speeding out of the airport car park and straight onto the main road, dodging other cars as she did. 

“Hey Abb-” Nora started before noticing that Abbie was driving on the wrong side of the road and was about to crash with another car. “WATCH OUT!” she screamed, holding on to the handles of the car, closing her eyes shut as she crazy sister tried to kill them both. She had barely been in Ireland for fifteen minutes and she was already being murderer by her sister. Abbie swerved back on to the correct side of the road, easing off the accelerator as she realized that Nora was beginning to say her prayers. 

“Calm down sis! Jesus it’s like you’ve never been in a car before!” Abbie complained, rolling her eyes at her younger sister. 

“Abbie, I swear to god you’re going to kill us!” Nora shouted, refusing to let go of the handles of the car, terrified that if she let go, Abbie might try and kill them both again.

“You’re too easy to scare, Nora!” Abbie replied, “Nobody else complains about my driving!”

“That’s because nobody ever survive!” Nora replied, her eyes wide as Abbie over took another car on a corner, scaring the life out of Nora. “Have you ever heard of speed limits?” 

“Shut your yapping or you can walk to mums!” Abbie shouted, ignoring Nora’s question.

“Please, let me walk! It would be a hell of a lot safer!” 

Abbie just ignored that Nora was saying, not really caring if she was scaring her younger sister or not. She hadn’t killed anyone with her crazy driving yet and she wasn’t about to start. 

Abbie continued to drive well over the speed limit and Nora arrived at her mother’s house in record time. Nora looked up at the house she had spend her teenage years in, remembering how much she had hated it, how much she had resented it.