British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Seven

'The English are not happy unless they are miserable, the Irish are not at peace unless they are at war, and the Scots are not at home unless they are abroad,'
George Orwell

Chapter Twenty Seven

Post 281:

So remember the post about the website DateBritishGuys.com? Well, the creator did an interview and gave 'reasons' to date a Brit, and of course, just like the last post concerning reasons to date British males, they were all reasons to run away — far, far away.

One of the reasons was  the accent. The stereotypical accent you've got in your head of British people talking, get rid of it now. Only a small percent talk like that.

Nora took a deep breath in, before exhaling, trying to shift the stress that was taking over her. She felt like she had the weight of the world holding her down, dragging her down to the ground. 

She looked around her now clean bedroom. She had tided it up for the first time in two years, only now realizing that she had wooden floors instead of carpets. Two suitcases - one large; one small - lay on her bed, completely filled. Her ticket was booked - one way to Kerry International Airport, and from there it would be an hour long journey of hell with her sister picking her up from the airport. Nora had serious doubts whether or not her sister was actually going to appear to pick her up, so she had made back up arrangements; just incase.

“You actually can’t leave me! I refused to let you go! I’m on strike!” Skye shouted as she walked into Nora’s room, jumping backwards slightly as she realized that it was clean for once! “Has the floor always been wooden?” 

“What? You’re striking as my best friend?” Nora questioned. Usually she would of laughed at Skye a little; but no smile grew on her lips. She didn’t want to smile, nor did she feel like smiling. She still had to talk to Milo. 

It had been four hours since she had received the call from her sister, and she had been ignoring the thought of talking to Milo like it was the plague. Hence the cleaning of her room. 

“Em.. yeah! I refuse to drive you to the airport!” Skye announced, looking slightly confused as she tried to figure out her own logic. “Sean’s on strike too!”

“I’ll get a taxi then!” Nora replied, rolling her eyes slightly. Skye quickly whispered a swear, forgetting all about public transport. She desperately didn’t want Nora to leave, but not just because she was going to miss her. Skye knew that something was up with Nora, something with Milo. Skye could just always tell when Nora was avoiding something - and Nora had just cleaned her bedroom, something she never did - unless she was seriously avoiding something. Skye knew that if Nora left, she would be running away from her problems - whatever they may be - with Milo, and that Nora would do whatever she could to avoid talking about them.

“Have you talked to Milo yet?” Skye questioned, knowing that if Milo knew that she was leaving, he would be going with her. 

“Em.. I haven’t had a chance to talk to him yet,” Nora replied slowly, thinking up the first excuse that came to her. 

“Bull shit! Nora you cleaned your room - you’ve had plenty of time to talk to him!” Skye replied, seeing right through her best friends lie. 

Nora’s mouth grew dry as she searched her brain for another excuse, the search turning up blank. 

“You’ve got to tell him! He’s your boyfriend for Christ’s sake! You can’t just disappear at the first sight of trouble!” Skye added, not sparing any thought to how her words would affect Nora. Skye knew that she was right; and that was enough for her to start ranting away.