//Rabid// Part 1

This wasn't the first time Ethan had been in my room, but it was his first time as the Alpha.

"Blow out the candles." He nodded at the dresser, while reaching inside his back pocket.

I walked to the mirror, holding back my hair and doing as he instructed. We didn't need the candles for light, they were nothing more than ornaments, fragrant decorations. Straightening, I noticed his golden-eyed reflection. His Wolf was watching me.

"What's the holdup?" By the time I turned, the gold had disappeared. There was only Ethan. "Why don't you just take what you came for and leave?"

"You'd like that wouldn't you? Get over here."

I took my time, dragging my feet across the room. I had expected angry sex. So far, I was just the former. I took a seat beside Ethan, one leg folded, the other dangling from the bed. Leaning back on my hand, I studied his face beneath the myriad of black and grey shadows. Ethan was made for darkness. How much did he belong to it

"I get it, you're pissed. Why take it out on my candles?"

Ethan tossed the sandwich bag back and forth in his hands. "Sorry, but your Bath and Bodyworks shit is getting in the way. Moonlight is a conductor of the magic in our veins--the juice that makes us, us. We need its light, the more the better. "

I tucked my other leg beneath me, leaning forward in curiosity. "Interesting, but what does that have to do with you and me?" He held up the baggy, displaying the tiny gelatin sheet within. "Ah, hallucinogens, I should've known. At least you're keeping it classy and not slipping a roofie in my drink."

"Like I've ever had to do that with you. And this, isn't a normal drug. It's Earth Smoke. Witches use it for astral projection. I've heard the really powerful ones take it to find the Underworld..."

I circled my knees, drawing them close, thrilled by strange and wonderful possibilities... that would never be within my reach. "And you want me to go to hell that badly?"

"I'm strong, but not that strong, sweetheart."

"Then why do you have it?"

"I like to go places I've never been." Ethan opened the bag, removing the gelatin. "Tonight, I'm taking you with me--and kicking your ass O-B-E-style."

I sneered right back. "O-B-E?"

"Out-of-body-experience? Keep up."

"Oh, I'll do more than that. Show me whatchu got, Teen Wolf."

"Bring it in."

Like countless times before Eve had gotten in the way, I settled on Ethan's lap, ringing his neck with my arms. The winter on his skin was stronger than his cologne. It was like a calling card, pulling at my Wolf until I couldn't fight the urge to lean close and breathe him deep. I nuzzled his neck, closing my eyes and inhaling as I pictured Ethan's magnificent Wolf streaking through the snow of winter memories. 

My Wolf-heart was past aching, it was broken-and for that I would wreck him.

"Don't think, just feel." The Alpha traced his finger along my jaw, a sentimental gesture ending in two smart taps to the cheek. Like a good girl, I opened wide, letting Ethan place the strip in my mouth, where it immediately began to melt. "Bottoms up..."

He kissed me.

My lips parted and our tongues rolled in the gelatin's tangy film. It had been ages since our last kiss, but we fell into rhythm like we never left. Ethan kissed harder, his hands gripping my shoulders tight as he took in as much Earth Smoke as he could... Or is it me he wants? I couldn't tell.