//Always// Part 4

For the first time in years, I awoke crying my father's name. I sat up from tear-soaked pillows, clutching my chest as the truth sank deep.

I remembered.

I remembered everything...

That was no vision, no dream. It was pure, unadulterated memory, one that Tidus had magically stolen–re-gifting just as easily. He was right. After fleeing the woods, my father had returned home to Harbor village. But my mother never had.

The rumor had always been that Paris left my father on our family vacation to Eagle Lake. Now I knew different. She hadn't left us. Someone had driven her away.

I wiped the tears, as if without them I stood a better chance at going back. I could still see my father's face, hear his voice revolving inside my head-a tornado of love and pain...

I love you, Naomi.

"Oh, Daddy..." I brought my knees to my chin, fingers in my hair as I stared at the daylight creeping across my sheets. What the fuck do I do now?

A shower seemed like a good place to start. I left the bathroom afterwards, re-entering my bedroom in nothing but a towel, not satisfied, but refreshed.

The Alpha stood in my doorway.

I jumped, clutching at the top of my towel. I had been so absorbed by thoughts of my father, and Tidus, that I hadn't even heard Ethan coming.

"What the hell! You scared me!" Even so, I proceeded to my dresser, grabbing a comb and attacking at my curls before they frizzed up and overpowered me too.

"You look it." He leaned in the doorway, hands in his pockets. "Cleaned up your mess, last night. I believe a thank you is in order? You wanna tell me what the hell happened?"

"What do you mean?"

"The diner, Mimi. Ban was a massacre. You're lucky the police chief is one of us. You're even luckier he called me and not the Elder." Ethan straightened, stepping his way inside my room. When he closed the door behind him, I knew he meant business. "Your hero in shining denim--what did he say ?"

"Hmm, I believe I'm drawing a blank. Could you elaborate, please?" I turned my back on him, giving my attention to the beauty products scattered across my dresser.

"You didn't leave that diner alone; I saw the footage, Mimi--you were with a Vampire. And yet another secret I'm keeping from the Elder. For you."

I looked into the mirror, gasping when his reflection grabbed mine from behind. One hand gripped my hips, pressing me against the dresser. His other hand slid down my thigh, still wet from the shower.

Saying no to Ethan was against my nature. Like an addict, I gave in every time.

"Go ahead. But doing this won't make me tell you who he is."

"Who said I need you to?" Ethan's reflection closed his eyes. He inhaled, his nose disappearing in my hair. "You think I don't know you were rescued by the Prince of Vampires?" Ethan played with my curls, turning them between his fingers. "There's nothing on this Earth faster than him. You'd have to be stupid not to know who he is." My face grew warm as he pushed up the towel, his fingers sliding beneath. "I hate Vampires, but he saved your life. Gotta give him credit for that." 

Another sharp inhale, this time at the sweet, hot pressure budding between my legs. 

His voice floated down to my ear. "Protect him as much as you want. Just remember whose side you're on." And in case I'd forgotten, Ethan spent the next half hour making sure I was thoroughly reminded.