Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen
Niall

"What the fuck do you want?" I growl, opening my front door to a beautiful red head standing on my doorstep.

"Is that how you greet all your visitors?" She jokes, smiling weakly.

"I don't have any."

"Now you do." She replies cheerfully, smoothing down her dress. "Aren't you going to invite me in?"

"Why should I?"

"Because I came all this way to see you." She murmurs, her confidence waning.

"Then you've had a wasted journey." I reply curtly, trying to close the door in her face.

"Niall, please." She begs, placing her hand against the door. "It's freezing outside. At least let me in for a few minutes before I go."

"Why should I?"

"I'm friends with Kelly." She explains. "I guess I should have listened to her when she told me to stay away from you."

Kelly is someone I work with at the bar. I've never had much time for her or any of the dumb girls who try flirting with me on a daily basis.

"You definitely should have listened to her." I snap, attempting to close my front door again.

"She also mentioned that you might be interested in me."

"Why's that?"

"Because of my name." She announces, biting on her bottom lip which distracts me for a couple seconds.

"Why the hell would your name matter to me?"

"Because my name is Eve."

I inhale sharply, taking a few moments to process what she just said.

"Eve?" I gasp, holding onto the door frame for support.

"That's right."

"Prove it." I snarl, clenching my jaw.

"How?"

"Driving license. Birth certificate. You can prove your identity if you have to."

I want to find out she's lying. I'm praying she won't be able to produce the evidence and I'll be able to slam the door in her face without a second thought.

"I have one of those." She nods, rummaging inside her handbag. "See?"

I take it from her and examine it closely.

"Come in." I demand, leaving the front door ajar.

She follows me up the stairs, quivering slightly.

"Nice place you have here."

"I only own one of the apartments." I inform her. "It's on the second floor."

"How long have you been working at the bar for?"

"Too long."

"Have you always liked the name Eve?" She enquires timidly.

"Let's get one thing straight." I snap, forcing her inside my apartment. "I don't like your name. I love it."

"W-why?" She stammers, struggling to conceal her fear.

"That's my business. Now turn around and face the wall."

"Why?"

"Ask me that one more time and I'll throw you out." I threaten her, folding my arms across my chest.