Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Evie

I stare him in astonishment, destroyed by the hatred in his eyes and the girl he's standing next to.

The same girl I saw at his house that night. The girl I've been trying to forget about ever since that night...

"I-I'm so sorry." I stammer, stumbling over my words. "I-I didn't mean to intrude."

"Who are you?" The red head asks. "Who is she, Niall?"

"Evie?" Niall gasps, frozen in shock and absolute astonishment.

"Eve, are you ok?" Ellen asks, rushing from her car so she can join me.

"We should go." I blurt out, holding onto her arm. "I shouldn't have come here, I'm sorry."

"Wait!" Niall growls, grabbing hold of my wrist. "I'm dreaming, right? I'm hallucinating that you're really here?"

"What the hell is going on?" The girl next to him interrupts, clearly confused and bewildered.

"Eve, you have to tell him." Ellen argues, squeezing my hand tightly.

"Just stop!" I exclaim loudly. "I shouldn't have come here and I have to go."

"How the fuck are you alive?!" He demands, pushing my friend out the way so he can corner me.

"Let go of her!" Ellen cries, scrambling to free me.

"Niall!" The red head yells.

"Just stop!" I scream, silencing the three of them. "I can't do this anymore! Let me go!"

"Never." He growls, touching my face. "I don't want to wake up if this is a dream."

"You're not dreaming, Niall. I'm alive and I'm right here with you."

His eyes are wide and his fists clenched, his jaw is tight and I can actually hear his heart thumping inside his chest. I have no idea what he's going to do next but his fist lashing out behind me is not what I expected.

He punches the brick wall beside my head and I cry out, covering my face with my hands. He swings it back once more, repeating the same action again and again. Ellen tries to intervene and so does the girl he was with, holding onto his arms so they can stop him.

"Let go of me!" He yells, pushing them both to the ground.

"Niall, you're hurting yourself! Stop it!" Ellen cries, trying to prevent him from shattering his fist.

He won't stop... grazing his knuckles against the bricks as he slams his fist against it repeatedly.

"I have to go..." I tremble, hoping it will be enough to stop him.

I'm halfway down the driveway when I hear footsteps and two strong arms around my waist.

"No!" He erupts fiercely, caging me in his arms. "Don't leave."

"Niall..." I whisper, trying to prise his hands away.

"Don't leave me." He begs, falling to his knees right in front of me.

"We should go." Ellen points out, waiting a few moments to speak. "They need time alone."

"I'm not going anywhere until I know he's alright." The girl argues stubbornly.

"I don't want to come between anything here." I add, glancing at her. "I can leave if you want me to."

"You're not going anywhere." He informs me, his voice stern and commanding.