Chapter Twenty-two

Chapter Twenty-two

Niall

I love watching her sleep...

I literally can't stop.

I realise how creepy that sounds.

This last week with her has been incredible. Words can't even describe how much happiness she brings me. It's like I've been in a coma for the past ten years and I'm finally awake.

She brought me back to life.

She has no idea what her mere existence brings to my life. The fact that she is alive and in my arms is unquestionably a miracle.

My miracle.

I know I'll have to go back to work at some point but I can't face it. That horrible bar is an element of my past and Evie is my future. She's all I want and a huge part of me wants to leave everything behind and start again.

She stirs beside me and I hold my breath, not wanting to wake her. She sleeps so soundly, I'm almost jealous.

My nights are spent in torment, fighting against the undeniable urge I have to confess everything and tell her what I've done.

Tell her who I am.

The risk is she won't love me anymore. She'll throw me out and call the police, making sure I never see her again.

This would be a fate worse than hell.

I planned on taking my own life before she found me. I realised there was nothing on this earth worth me staying alive for if I couldn't have her but now I do.

She's mine.

Which means I must keep it together no matter what.

No matter how much it hurts.

I can't inflict this upon her.

I must keep this secret for the rest of my life and I'm prepared to do that.

I'll doanything to keep her.