Chapter 11.5

He makes me an idiot

By the time we both showered and cleaned up, it was too late for me to head home before school. I'd already have to explain cutting class to my father later, so I didn't want to add tardiness to that streak. My mom and dad aren't the type of parents to overreact in any way, so they wouldn't worry about where I spent the night. They would however, take away certain privileges if I kept up a rebellious streak.

Hunter had torn my shirt in half, and my pants were a mess of their own, so I did what I had to do. I borrowed one of his tighter open-neck shirts and black skinny jeans. The outfit felt absolutely ridiculous on me and I could pick up his scent trapped within the fabric. I tried looking for something to determine how weird I looked, but there was nothing. "Don't you own a mirror?" I asked while scanning the room.

"Of course not. Why would I need one?" if anyone else had asked that, I would have looked at them like an idiot. Coming from the overly masculine teenage blonde, it just meant that he didn't believe that his looks needed adjusting. I didn't disagree, but it was still annoying to know how little effort he needed to look like that. Now that his hair was clean, it curled at the edges and had a healthy yellow glow. Staring at the rest of his body was bad enough for my self confidence, so I started heading toward the door.

"Alright then, I'll be heading to school. I'll see you when I see you, I guess." Just after I took a step out of the doorway that I'd broken, he called out.

"Hang on! I'll drive you." I started thinking of all the ways I could refuse politely. Somehow I forgot that my thoughts were fair game to Hunter Sin, and excuses wouldn't work the same way. "You don't want everyone in town seeing you like that right? People around here know what I've worn. I doubt you'd want everyone trying to guess what we've been up to. I know that I really don't." I considered arguing for a moment, but relented. Walking in school with this outfit would be bad enough.

So, Hunter led me to his car a block away from his forest den. It was a simple black minivan that seemed perfect for a guy like him. It was going to be a tense ride, but we got started quietly. The ride was quiet at first, but I appreciated that since it gave me time to think. There was so much I wanted to know about the world I'd stepped into. All the movies I've watched told me that werewolves were either savage beasts or perpetually shirtless models. Hunter was actually both as far as I could tell. Yet, at the same time, he seemed like so much more than everything. It was getting harder to keep my distance from him, both physically... and mentally.

Whatever route Hunter was taking seemed to be the long way, because I started drifting off during what should have been a short ride. The van smelled like fresh air and the morning light was only just beginning to take over the sky. Hunter's scent drifting off my shirt tickled my senses and before I knew it, the soft embrace of sleep consumed me. Just his scent is enough to take away my sense; he makes me a giant idiot

So, this is just the first half of the special chapter. We're about to enter a new arc of the story that you won't want to miss :)