Chapter 28

He didn't have to do it

I knew that the parade in Viridian was supposed to be special this year, but I didn't expect it to go so far. Alongside the elevated floats, a procession of wolves and Jaguars stalked through the street. Their coats were groomed and speckled with snowflakes and the crowds were going wild over them. Subconsciously, I found myself scanning the pack for a larger gray wolf, but I knew better than to think that He was here. It was just a very bold parade trick and I was just being an overly paranoid teenager.

With a sigh, I realized that there was still a very insistent guy waiting for an answer that I didn't know how to give. Except, when I turned to face Nicholas again, his eyes weren't even on me. He was staring at one of the floats like it was unbelievable. Just when I was about to try and catch his attention, I was interrupted by a loudspeaker.

"Hello, people of Viridian! I've got one hell of a surprise for you. Let me hear if you want to see it!" someone shouted. My words died in my throat even as the rest of the crowd went wild. I recognized that voice. "Oh my, that's what I like to hear! Get your cameras ready!" there was only one woman I know who would toy with a crowd of hundreds so freely. I turned to face Nicole Sin, standing upon a grand white float and surrounded by abnormally large wolves. All of them had light gray or dirty white fur and a silly pair of bright red shorts along with a Santa Clause cap. My heart immediately started beating to a different tune when I realized I wasn't just being paranoid. "Ok, now watch Very closely!"

My chest was tight and I couldn't tell if I was more excited or afraid to see what was about to happen. One glance across the road and I could see that the news crews were eating up the hype. This is what they came for. All at once, the four wolves surrounding Nicole howled in a way that sent chills down my spine. Then they started to stand. A collective gasp went through the crowd as the large white wolves began to warp. They weren't violent and painful transformations like I'd witnessed before. It looked so natural and easy when the hind legs grew larger and the shoulder grew broader. Soon, there were four half-human creatures standing around the beautiful blonde on stage. Not a single person made a sound.

"Oh my, you're going to love this next part. I know I am!" she giggled into the mic and the four 9-foot tall werewolves turned to face the streets on both sides. The white fur began disappearing, melting away with the falling snow. In less than a minute, four shirtless male models were posing on the float while wearing nothing but red slacks and a silly hat. Their skin looked hot even from a distance and I could see the snow melting the second it made contact.

I expected a riot, but apparently the people in this town loved a good show more than anything else. Cheers and whistles erupted from the crowd and the music picked up it's beat. The parade just continued like it was the event of the century, and I couldn't tear my eyes away. Because there was one guy on stage that kept looking my way. A stupidly tall blonde with confidence and amusement fluttering all over his face.

In all of the hype, I'd completely forgotten the guy beside me, but he did as well. There was a murderous glare on Nick's face that seemed to be directed at one wolf more than all the rest. I'd literally forgotten that one of my closest friends was some sort of angel wolf-hunting demon. A stunt like this would be broadcasted around the world, and every crazy hunting expert would be practically shitting themselves over the news. There's no way Hunter didn't know this was a bad idea. He didn't have to do it,...but he came back anyway.

I'm back! Are you ready from some more craziness? I thought i'd break the cliffhanger with a short chapter. Our hyper aggressive teen werewolf is back in a big way. In case you were wondering, the world this story takes place in is exactly like ours. Werewolves are supposed to be creatures of myth and imagination, so what do you think is about to happen now that a mass transformation has taken place on live television? The story is about to take off much faster from here, so buckle up leave a vote if you're as hype as I am! :D