Chapter 16-Dramatic Fathers

"That one?" He asked. I nodded. "I could personalize it." I say happily. "There's still some light left outside. Wanna do that now? I have many spray paints." He said. "Yeah!" I say with a big smile on my face.

He grabbed a plain board as well. We raced down the stairs. We went through a glass door that led out side. We walked out onto the patio where I see little spots of paint. Spray paint and regular paints.

"Here you can choose what ever colors but make sure to put them back. If you empty it just put it off to the side." He said bringing out a big, brown paper box. He set it down in front of me. He also handed me a sharpie if I wanted to do any specific designs. 

I popped the cap off the marker. I started drawing cool skulls and demon like things. After I was finished I took the colors I wanted. I started spraying them in. Using my shirt as a mask. I did the little details in the regular liquid paint to get it right. After I was finished I had left a section of the board blank for Kerry and I to sign.

"Kerry!" I say. Putting the cap back on the sharpie. "Yeah?" He comes and kneels down next to me. "That's sick. What's the blank space for?" He asks.

I hand him my sharpie. "Sign it. Leave some space for me too." I say. He smiled back at me. He signed his name and I signed my name. My board was completed. I look down at my shirt and noticed I had paint every where. Even on my tights. I took off my sweater though. That was smart.

I look around us to realized that it had gotten dark and the lights that lit up the patio was on. "We should probably get inside." Kerry says. I nod. We left out boards outside to dry for the night. I checked the time. '10:13 PM' My watch read. Damn. I was here for more then 3 hours. I followed Kerry back to his room.

"Mind if I borrow a shirt? Mine is a bit...Dirty." I say. "Sure." He goes into his dresser and pulls out a shirt. He hands it to me and I asked "Mind if I just change right here? I'm wearing a tank top underneath."

"Um...Ok" he said. I took my shirt off and put it on his bed for now. Some one walked in through the door. "Kerry. Why is th-" When the man saw me he stopped talking. "Dad. Why don't you ever knock?" Kerry asks. I look at them. "I'm sorry. Who are you?" His dad said walking up to me. 

"I'm Danielle, a friend of Kerry's. Nice to meet you Mr.Shawcross." I say. I stuck out my hand and he shook it. "I thought your mother was kidding when she said you had a girl here." Mr.Shawcross said to Kerry. I awkwardly smiled. I put on Kerry's shirt. It smelt so nice and it was so soft. It was a tower of pimps shirt. I don't have one but it would be nice to get one.

"I didn't know I was interrupting. I'll be going." Kerry's dad said leaving. "Dad we wer-" Kerrry was cut off by the door shutting.

"I'm sorry about my father. He was starting to think I was gay because I haven't had a girl friend in so long." He said. "No worries. Let's start eating our food." I say. He agreed. We ate our food on his bed while watching a movie. Home Alone. My favorite movie. Even though christmas was over I still enjoyed it even after the holidays.

I checked the time again. My watch read "11:45 PM". I might have to sleep over. "Mind if I stay the night?" I asks. "I don't mind. You could take my bed and I could sleep in the guest room." He said.

"No, I'll feel bad. You take your bed and I'll go to the guest." I say getting off. "How bout we go half and half. We both sleep in my room. I'll bring another mattress in here and you take my bed." He said.

"Sure. If bringing the other mattress isn't a problem." I say. "Not at all." He said. He stood up and put his hands underneath bed and pulled out another mattress already with sheets. Just needed a blanket.