44

• Dedicated to you

His gaze rushed from mine to the sky almost with an alarming feel to it. And I looked at him, how sharp his jawline was when he looked up like that. How his hair fell perfectly and how his lips seemed even more kissable and full from this angle. He took my breath away.

Then I felt the first couple of raindrops - it was the big kind. Heavy and huge droplets of skywater fell from the thick rain full clouds high above us.

“Crap,” Harry muttered under his breath before looking down at me again.

He had been insisting on walking me home, but this kind of interupted that plan. He narrowed his eyes at me, “should we take a cab or something?”

I looked up to watch the surroundings and quickly recognized the street. We had been walking for quite a long time - Café du Acta wasn’t far away and neither was my apartment.

“It would be quicker to just walk I think.” It was only a few streets away - and it would take much longer to try and get hold of a cab. 

The rain grew heavier and heavier, as the droplets fell around us splashing against our skin, hair and the pavement - and every other surface, which hadn’t found shelter yet.

"You sure?" He asked surprised, as we heard the first sound of thunder rumble through the city echoing against the walls.

"Yeah come on," I started pulling his hand sending him a smirk, and with quick steps we walked down the pavement.

Then as if somehow had turned up the volume it was suddenly pouring down.

It had gone from light rain to practically a shower of raindrops. Making our surroundings turn blurry and I felt how quickly the water managed to get through my jacket and even the sweater. I prayed that my bag was able to keep away the water from the journal just till we reached my place. His hand still felt warm even in the rain, we were chuckling, as we both regonized the fire in our gazes. The rain against your skin made you feel alive and the thunder made the adrenaline rush through your body.

“You ready to run?” Harry looked down at me between the stream of raindrops and his huge grin smiling down at me, promising me he would even try to keep me safe from the thunder. It felt like a dream. His hair had already turned darker. I laughed and hand in hand we ran through the streets, as the water splashed to all sides with each step. 

There was nothing left, but two clean souls as the water washed away all the worries.

I bet others watching us from their shelter or the inside of the shops thought we were crazy - and the good thing was - that they were absolutely right. We just didn’t care at all. Between laughter and heavy breathing we made our way through the blurring city with the sound of thunder rumbling high above.

Puddles were already starting to form and minituare rivers of rainwater ran through the streets. He helped me over where it was worst, by - without even asking - suddenly grabbing me bridal style and crossing the water.

We were both laughing and he bowed for me as a knight in shining armor, after putting me down again. It was like in one of those crappy cliche films - only this was actually real. It felt too good to be true. It was a blur, a rush, a moment, one night, two people. And maybe that was okay. Maybe there had to be something really sweet to make up for the sour parts of life. Maybe these surrealistic moments were what made the mess bareable. 

Though I probably wouldn't believe it had happened, when woke up tomorrow, it was real right now. How I had run through the rainy streets with the most perfectly imperfect indie bandmember, who was definitely proof of there being more between heaven and earth than what could be sciencetifically proven. 

“I’m completely soaked!” Harry exclaimed though his words didn’t deny me the opportunity of seeing his huge beam that revealed his dimples too, as the slightly curly strands of hair hang into his face - dropping with water. I had pulled him to a stop, as we had finally reached my door and I was searching for the key.

“Maybe this is the clouds’ way to punish us for finding out the secret about the gate to the clouds?” His words were alive, as the rain came pouring down making the pavement dance and the usually so sharp city lights blurry. His skin was wet, hot and blushed. His eyelashes were darker than ever, as the wetness had soaked them completely. And yet his beautiful green eyes were eager and lively. Still he wondered if the clouds were somehow punishing us for our geniusness and silly theories from earlier. I hadn't thought it was possible for him to look even more beautiful. I had been so endlessly wrong, as I watched the broken boy with the crooked smile and dripping hair. 

I couldn’t help laugh, as I finally got the door open.

I turned to watch him again, as he stood still out in the rain waiting for me to run up the stairs - or say goodbye. He didn't want to intrude I could tell - gentleman style he stayed in his spot waiting for me to get safely inside. He stood there in a shower of rain with the biggest grin I had ever seen and his glittering green eyes. Shoulders relaxed, hair dripping, clothing dripping. Wet skin, hectic red color in his cheeks. Smiling, as his chest steadily was raised up and down from the run.

I let the door be and stepped out to join him in the rain again, “thanks for walking me home.” The rain felt wonderful against my heated skin, my entire body was tingling at the sight of him and his smile.

He lifted his hand slowly and pulled away a strande of my wet hair so carefully. I didn’t care that I probably looked like a drowned cat or something. I couldn’t care less. Because he was there just as soaked and he was happy and he didn't care.

“I’m sorry for the rain,” he held a small pause, as we stood just as close as we had under the Cloud Gate, breathing heavily both of us, “and I’m sorry for almost kissing you.”

My heart skipped a beat. His eyes grew soft and honest and his lips were slightly parted the rain drops falling repeatedly from his wild hair. And he was so gentle and sweet and honest and perfect that I couldn’t breath. The way the rain ran over his tanned skin in different patterns, the way his eyes were containing that spark, the way he smiled crookedly and his cheekbones were flushed from the run. The way he looked at me. 

“I’m sorry for stopping you,” I said barely audible over the falling rain, as he absentmindely had let his  hand rested against my jawline with a light touch setting fire to my skin.

And with the rain as witness, I closed that small space and pressed my wet lips against his - surprising both of us. And with that small motion it seemed life around us turned from chaos to cosmos. The center of my world shifted place - it was no longer myself. It was him. The way he first was careful, surprised, gentle and then suddenly wrapped his arms around me and pulled me tighter, as his wet soft perfect lips were burning against mine. You could barely feel the rain anymore. The world could have ended and I wouldn't have noticed.

I had not in any world expected this fire inside of me to burn this strong and brightly - it stood in an odd contrast to the wet rain, which covered us both here in the dark, but still didn’t managed to coolen us. I sneaked my arms around his neck lightly playing with his soaked hair, though it still felt so perfect and so endlessly right to be here with him, he smiled against my kiss at the movement.

He tasted of smoke and chocolate, but I didn’t even have room to wonder if he smoked often. Or once again smile over the fact that he had ordered hot chocolate to-go. Or how he had let me borrow his sweater. All I could concentrate on was how his lips were slightly parted and how his hot breath was my reason to live at this very moment. How he tried to be gentle and careful, but how that wildfire he felt too was still bubbling under the surface of his being, unable to be contained for much longer. He deepend the kiss as another peal of thunder shattered through the Saturday night of Chicago. 

I had no idea how long we stood there in the pouring rain both of our souls merely two burning flames becoming one, but everything after that turned into a messy blur, as my heart fluttered at the pace of a hummingbird’s.

Please vote & comment

a/n: if I don't update in the future it's cause I died writing this chapter. Also - check out the picture I posted along with this chapter if you still live - it's something I made cus I'm weird ha ^^ Love you guys x this is dedicated to you x