58

[amber’s pov]

Harry took my hand and led me a little further into the shop, after we had tried deciding on what drinks to take from the glowing fridge.

“You know what?” Harry had whispered to me, while we had been joking over a bottle with toxic looking blue liquid.

I turned around, “nope.” He was more than close.

“I just remembered that we’re actually here before midnight - which means they got something very special for drinks on the menu. So how do you feel about trying something very exotic and fresh?” His smile lingered on his lips as he moved even closer. There was barely space for me to move. He still held his arm over me, as he was holding the fridge door open. And with the cold air coming from the fridge behind me and the warmth from him, it felt like something magical.

“Well that sounds interesting,” I had whispered back before tiptoeing and given him a light kiss, which had caused a wonderful color to settle over his cheekbones. While Harry ordered whatever ‘exotic’ and ‘before midnight’ drinks it might be he had talked about, I took a closer look at the little Chicago pearl.

It was a little nice place - a real city gem, which Zayn had apparently shown Harry and Louis. I wondered how Zayn had known of this place? It was tiny and felt a little compact with how the table and chairs had been arranged, but it was awfully clean and with an adorable try of keeping the place nice too with the little plastic flowers on each table.

“it’s always open. I mean literally always open! I’m not even sure if Mr. Yukkie sleeps at all. We can come by at half three or maybe six in the morning and he still got the place open!” Harry stopped at a high white table with four chairs. It was placed just far enough away from the desk, that it could be considered private - as there was only one other customer sitting in the other end of the room hovering over a half empty plate.

“You seriously eat shawarma at six in the morning?” I chuckled, as I unzipped my jacket and took off my shoulder bag placing it on one of the chairs.

“Well. I think we just kind of consider it as a really, really late night snack?” He didn’t even seem to think about it as he casually grabbed my jacket and helped me out off it. My heart was racing. Again.

“So you guys go out and party a lot? I can totally imagine Louis to be that type,” and I honestly did. With that crooked charming smile and the lightly sassy comments, Louis was probably a personality who had a hell lot of fun.

“Yeah well occasionally it does happen, yeah. A little party never killed nobody right? After gigs like the one last Saturday you’re so pumped and like upbeat that you just can’t go home and sleep you know? You have all this energy you have to get out - and Louis always know where things are happening. He knows quite a lot of the mysterious people of the nightlife, who live for those hours of darkness and the adrenaline rush. I think Louis almost does too. Almost,” I smiled widely at his telling, getting the feeling that Louis and Harry were even closer than I had imagined them to be. And furthermore because Harry’s words didn’t surprise me at all. I could easily imagine Louis as the type of person who befriended everyone - no matter social status, appearance and so forth. He was such an easy going guy. Probably quite the opposite of what Harry had been used to from his more conservative home.

In a place like Mr. Yukkie’s kebab shop with the fake plastic plants and cheap looking checkered napkins - I had not expected Harry to even pull out the bar chair for me. But I was starting to get the feeling, that these acts of manner weren’t something he thought about. It was like it was a part of breathing and living like it was just naturally coded into his DNA. But what was most likely was the fact he had been taught from home - in such a repeatedly manner it just stuck to him now. Seeing it that way was more unsettling to be honest.