95

[harry’s pov]

It annoyed me endlessly that not even band practice this Wednesday at Sam’s could get my mind off tomorrow; Thursday. I was still in between whether to leave to Washington DC or stay here with Amber. Would it even help? And constantly I kept thinking over how Peter hadn’t exactly approached Amber as she had told me reassuringly over and over. Maybe it had just been a coincidence after all?

“Harry?”

I had just exited the bathroom of Sam’s with my refilled water bottle, as the completely gobsmacked voice was heard.

Louis, Ed, and Alex were still downstairs jamming to the very last second before we had to go. My eyes found a pair of blue terribly excited eyes which came along with a huge friendly beam that was almost annoying and then there was the messy blonde hair. I remembered him; he had been with Amber the night she had seen me play in this very bar. He had been the one who had been so slow to go get her jacket, that she had been standing out in the street freezing like crazy. I immediately felt the irrational dislike towards him.

“Harry Styles from Little Nothings, right? You probably don’t remember me but -” he started but I interrupted him, “Amber’s downstairs neighbor?”

The blonde guy looked absolutely over the moon with his wide eyes filled with admiration and the overwhelming smile as he chuckled, “yeah! Niall Horan! This is fucking insane - huge admire!”

“Oh yeah that’s right - Niall,” I gave him a polite smile constantly telling myself that I shouldn’t be so annoyed with him as I was , “we were just downstairs practicing, but we were just about to finish up so.”

I pointed over my shoulder to the staircase which led down to the basement, where we had been practicing. I couldn’t help wonder what Niall was doing here since the place wasn’t supposed to open till in half an hour’s time.

Niall had just glared at me with a fascinated enchanted smile, but he seemed to come out of his tiny trance as I shifted the weight to my left leg intending to go back to the others.

“Oh - oh! Yeah okay. Sorry it’s just. You’re fucking Harry Styles and I absolutely love Little Nothings. I mean that guitar part in ‘Just Another Survivor’ - holy shit. You are an absolutely astonishing guitarist; is it self taught or did you take lessons?” He was speaking incredibly fast and gesticulating quite a lot along with humming the tune to the song he had mentioned, while his cheeks turned bright red.

“Ehm…” I started a little overwhelmed by his ecstatic approach. He took a step closer, which made me take a step back.

“Sorry man - I didn’t mean to disturb or anything it’s just; sorry it’s just so crazy to meet you like this! I mean I know you played a gig this place a few weeks back when I was here with Amber and all - but I’ve just been totally bummed over the fact that I didn’t get to ask you so -” he smiled apologetic and let a hand through his hair, while his eyes flickered over me and he only seemed to get more and more skittish.

I had opened my mouth to answer but another flow of hasty words that came from him got to fill the short silence before I did. Meanwhile the faint tunes from the jamming downstairs echoed through the place.

“And I was just here because I lost my keys last week; front door, bike, mailbox, apartment key - everything was there! Anyway Lea got the incredible idea that I might have forgotten them here; good thing she got a copy key to my place - and then the door was just open to the bar and then BAM Harry Styles stands in front of me. Anyway yeah say hi to Amber from me,” he started backing away lifting his hand in apologizing gesture and I lifted an eyebrow at him.