53

[amber's pov]

"You know what I think I'm going to stay a little - I really don't feel like going out into the cold right now urgh," I sent Marc a crooked smile, as I watched him slip into his winter jacket.

"Makes sense actually. And it's pretty quiet in here today as well," he swung the scarf around his neck as I looked up at the desk, where one of my other co-workers was already helping out a customer.

It had been a quick decision. Marc and I were standing near the door after having been chatting a bit with the one taking over for the evening, but as I stood there and watched the dark trees outside clearly swaying in the cold wind. Well, I wanted to postpone that encounter with the icy cold for a little while longer honestly.

I watched Marc as he zipped the jacket all the way to his neck and how he stuck his nose into the scarf, while burying his one hand deep into the pocket and pulling the door open with the other.

"I guess I'll see you later in the week then - you have to keep me updated on things with Aria's nephew. I still don't quite get how it all happened, but anyway - you know what I mean. Who knows maybe we'll end up on a double date," he smiled excitedly at me. Once again I was surprised by how extremely ecstatically happy he was today. He never usually joked around like this - and definitely did not discussed semi romantic relations or crushes, like he had been doing all the freaking day!

"Yeah let's not be too quick about that," I stated with a crooked grin imagining me trying to convince Harry to come with me on a double date. The image of Marc, his mystery girl, me and Harry stuffed together at some small table in a shabby restaurant seemed so out of place to me right now.

I held the door for Marc, while my entire body grew tense from the cold wind washing in over me, "I'll see you soon and don't blow away!"

Marc sent me a wide grin, "I won't!" He pulled on his headphones and turned to face the street, burying the other hand deep in the pocket too.

I closed the door quickly, shivering as I looked over the small café for a suitable free seat I could occupy for an hour or two this evening.

With my shoulder bag hanging on one shoulder only - and my jacket hanging over the bag itself, I held my arms across my body trying to relax - as he had told me to. It was so difficult trying not to think too much about him, when everything I saw reminded me of him. Everything I did. I sighed and was happy to see my favorite seat in the corner with the couch still being free.

After settling down and having ordered a coffee, which I was warming my hands with, I exhaled deeply. Before heading home yesterday from Aria's - she had insisted I should borrow a pair of winter boots from her. Half asleep at that time I had accepted, and to be honest they had made it a whole lot more comfortable to walk to work today. They were definitely much warmer than the toms had been.

Deciding on slipping out of the beautiful leather boots, I sat cross legged on the couch with my bag in front of me on the seat too. Placing my phone on the wooden surface of the table next to my mug with coffee I fished out that very familiar brown leather journal, which I had with me constantly.