~ 11 ~

Remember everyone this is in Brian’s POV.

P.S. This happens after the dinner from the previous chapter. :D

~*~

I groan against my pillow as soon as my head lay on it. I rub my eyes with my middle finger and thumb, letting out a long sigh.

The walk back to the pack house was the most awkward one I ever had and got me stress out to the point I felt exhausted. Not to mention, adding those three morons.

Cherry was quiet the whole way while stealing glances at me like she’d been doing after we had that talk during dinner.

Arvin was on the phone with his mate, turning a complete whip and sometimes he would let out a lustful energy that still makes me cringe just thinking about it. Gross.

The twins were having an argument with Tyler even though he’s now twenty-three. It was nothing serious it was about an Xbox versus a ps3. But then they have to mention why me and Cherry weren’t talking.

I shrug like I usually do when I have no good excuse to use while Cherry just look at me before looking her hand shyly and that’s when they realise something was up, so they stayed silent.

I groan once again. If my mate didn’t reject me four years ago, I wouldn’t have this problem. If she was a werewolf rather than a human, she’ll understand our need for each and I won’t be stuck with this problem.

If only…

My thought trail off as I remember Cherry’s confuse glances during dinner.

Her eyebrow was knit together in does cute frown as she slightly pouts her bottom lips. Ah those small lips that been taunting me to touch it for the past two years.

I knew…I knew right away when I first lay my eyes on her when she joined the pack that she was my second chance.

The sign was now showing itself to her and she felt it but I didn’t acknowledge it, not yet anyway. Not until they fully accepted the truth.

I sigh longing to hold her in my arms like I had been longing to kiss her for the pass two years.

I scoot here and there on my bed finding the most comfortable place, when I finally found it, I place both my palm behind my head and relax.

I close my eyes and let my mind wonder around, daydreaming about Cherry before sleep took over.

I yawn and roll to my side. Will she choose me once she realise what I am to her now? I thought before unconsciousness took over.

~*~

Cherry’s POV

I didn’t sleep a wink at all. My mind refuse to settle down as I continue to find myself thinking about Brian and how much I wanted to run my hand on those fine abs…

Frustrated, I turn the damn alarm off that seems to been ringing for an hour as I got up off bed.

I will not think of him, not now, not ever. I convinced myself or I hope I did.

I walk to my bathroom and quickly wash my sleep off by washing my face. I look up from the sink to the mirror and stare at my refection.

My eyes were red from the lack of sleep but the confusion was evidently there.

I bite the bottom of my lips and frown. This won’t go well during training. I thought. I didn’t really care of about of sleep it was my mind I was worried about.