~ 24 ~

“Honey, please just give us a minute to explain.” Dad begged.

“Explain?” I snap. “Explain that my own brother is my mate! Do you even know how sick that sound! How wrong it is!”

I continue ranting to my parents, snapping at them time to time. But part of my brain told me to listen, to think logical but the other part of my brain wasn’t having it.

Two second mates and now, it turns out my brother was my mate. It was plain wrong.

“Cherry, stop it!” Arvin ordered making me stop mid-rant. I turn around and glare at Arvin who glares back. “Sit down and listen to them!”

I didn’t move even though he was already using his beta authority. It was wrong to go against order but something inside continue to stir like I felt like he was disrespecting me.

“Cherry.” Brian and Alex whisper placing a hand on both of my shoulder.

I felt my body relax. I close my eyes and took a deep breath before opening them. “Fine.” I grumbled and sat down with a grunt.

I look at my parents who seem to look soo fragile and scared then my eyes drift to Ken, who haven’t said a word.

He was looking at his hands with a shock expression but there was something, something in his body language screams that he knew.

“This better be good.” I snap one more time, crossing my arms over my shoulder.

Mum looked at dad who nod his head and look my way. “When is your birthday?”

I look at him like he suddenly grown another head. “Are you guys serious?” They both nod, determined. “Fine, I play along. My birthday is on third of May.”

Dad nod and look at his entangle fingers with mum. I notice mum squeeze it before dad continues, “Truth is, that’s the day we found you.”

I felt my mouth drops open again. I stare at them with shock. My head was working twice than normal, questions after questions seems to come out of no where but my oh-so-clever question that escape my mouth was, “Found me?”

Dad nod again, hurt and guilt masks his expression. “You see sunshine.” Dad said using his old nickname for me. “After…” Dad trailed off and looks at mum. “I think it would be best if you tell her the rest.”

Mum nod her head and look my way with the same hurt expression. “Before Kathleen and Ken were born, the doctor had already told me that there was only one percent that I’ll get pregnant but yet I was blessed with twins.”

“What’s that have to do with me?” I snap. I knew it was cruel of me but my patient was running low and my blood was boiling.

“Cherry!” I heard an echoed of disbelieved voice, all snapping at me.

I shrug and huff likes a little girl having her tantrum.

“Don’t worry. I understand why she’s mad.” Mum said to Bruce who was looking at me like he was ready to kill me. “The thing is sweetie, I ad a difficult time giving birth, to the point that it nearly killed me.

Of course I made it out alright but the doctor told me I can’t have any more children in the future.”

“So you decide to adopt?” I raise one eyebrow.

“We never planned to but on the third of May we found you outside our door.” Dad said his expression softer.

Mum looked down with a daze expression but yet she was smiling. “I remember that night very clear because Ken was very restless that night.