~ 14 ~

Brian’s POV [After Alex left the room]

I watch Cherry staring at the door with soo much sadness that it kills me just seeing her like this. I clear my throat getting Cherry’s attention as she snap her head to look my way soo fast that I swear she had whiplash.

She smiled at me blushing as she dock her head low but enough for her to see me through her lashes. I chuckle at her sudden shyness.

I stroke her cheeks making her jolt in surprise with the sudden skin to skin contact. “Are you alright?” I ask. She nods her head and smile reassuring at me. “I’m sorry. I really didn’t mean to hurt you back there.” I whisper.

Cherry chuckles, shaking her head lightly. “It wasn’t anyone’s fault.” She said quietly. “Not even his.” She whispers the last words.

We stayed quiet, not one of us made any sound. The silence soon turns into an awkward one as I scratch the back of my neck.

Should I ask her? I thought, debating if it was the good time or not.

“I know what you’re thinking.” She said quietly pulling me out of my thought.

“Oh, what am I thinking then?” I playfully tease.

She rolls her eyes smiling. “It’s about Alex and I, isn’t it?” She said stern. I sigh dejectedly and nod.

“Are you going to take him back?”

I waited impatiently for her to answer. Every second she didn’t say anything or show any emotion felt like torture. My chest felt heavy and tight, making the breathing quick and short.

“I don’t know.” She whispers after what felt like hours when it only took her a minute. “I…” She looks down on her hand. “Everything’s seems to be soo complicated now.”

“Is it because you found out I’m your second mate?” She looks up and nods her head. “Why did you jump in the middle of my fight with Alex?”

Cherry looks at me with dejectedly before sighing deeply. “It’s because I’m weak.”

“Weak?” I let out a chuckle not believing what I was hearing. “You’re not weak, Cherry. In fact you’re the strongest person I know.”

“You don’t get it!” She said raising her voice. “I couldn’t bring myself to reject either of you!” She let out a sob furiously wiping the tears that escapes her eyes. “Even though he hurt me soo badly before I still couldn’t reject him.”

I frown, feeling her pain and confusion. I lift my arm and wrap it around shoulder before gently pulling her to me. She buried her head at the nape of her neck and cried.

“I’m soo confuse, I don’t even know what’s the right thing to do.” She cried between sob.

I rock our body back and forth, drawing circles at her back with my finger. “It’s alright, everything will be alright.”

“No it won’t.” She said stubbornly. “He didn’t see and feel what he felt.”

I pulled away with a frown and lift her chin up. “Cherry, look at me.” I demand. Hesitantly she looked at me eye to eye. “What do you mean see and feel what he felt?”

“I…” She trail off licking her lips. “I saw something before I lost conscious. I’m not sure as well but I think I saw something I wasn’t supposed to see and feel.”

“What did you saw?”

Cherry opened her mouth but shut it close at the sound of a soft knock. We look at the door where Bruce stood, eyeing Cherry with determination.