~ 32 ~

Just like the driver – which I learn was called Philip – a spare tire was delivered to us two hours later. The man in a jeep helps us fix the tire and took two broken one but the way he stares at it seems a bit off.

I had asked him what was wrong before we got back to bus when he just look at me and smile but not before hearing him mumbles to himself about looking like it was purposely torn.

I didn’t ask him what he met because Arvin called for me because we were leaving. So no one can really blame me for being a bit off.

“Welcome to our Crescent pack.” Nathan greets the Greenwood pack who was drop off in back of the pack house.

“I also like you to meet my mate, Emma.” Emma stepped forward and wraps her arms around Nathan.

“I know some of you met my beta. This guy here is Arvin and his mate Sharon.” Nathan said. Arvin and Sharon step forward, holding hands. “This is Cherry, my third in command.”

I step forward and heard a few of them gasps. Not only from the Greenwood pack but also the Crescent pack.

Everyone in the Crescent pack seems to start talking at the same time through the mind link but all of them were all saying the same thing. I dyed my hair back.

I knew the reason why some of the Greenwood packs gasps. After all, all of them were in my year.

“I know what all of you are thinking and your alpha and I already set a date. Tomorrow there’s going to be a fight between the alphas at dawn.” Nathan says before continuing on, “After the fight, there’s going to be a barbeque party to welcome you all and to let you know who won.”

Without saying anything else, Nathan said his goodnight but not before assigning a few men to show them where they’re staying for the night.

~*~

“It’s good to be home.” I sigh, contempt.

Brian chuckles beside me, shaking his head. “I know.”

“You got a pretty good place here.” Alex said, still admiring every inch of the living room. “But why are there a lot of them staying here?” He asks.

Brian and I chuckles and shake our head. “It’s because all unmated wolves stays here.”

Alex looked at us lost making Brian laughs hysterically. “Nathan will explain it to you if he’s still the alpha.” I said with a smile.

“That reminds me.” Brian said suddenly stopping laughing like a bi-polar. “What are you doing here so early?” Alex shrugs his shoulder. “Aren’t you too early for the party later on?” Brian joked.

Alex chuckles and shakes his head. “I couldn’t sleep so I thought I stop by here.” Alex eyed Brian and me before asking, “How about you two? Why are you two still awake?”

“Just like everyone else here.” Brian said nodding towards the door where everyone seems to get up at five to wish our alpha luck and just impatiently walked around the pack house.

“They should finish anytime soon.” Brian said staring at the clock.

Nathan and Bruce had been out for two hours with no sign of them at all. We did feel a strong emotion two hours ago but we couldn’t tell which one it was because it disappears in a blink.

“Who do you think is winning?” I ask no one in particular.

“Nathan.” Emma suddenly said behind us.

We jump out of the chair and turn around to see her standing there looking proud.

I frown and ask, “How did you know.”