~ 25 ~

I could feel my heart thudding uncontrollably in my chest and the sounds of my heart blocks any other sound as I slowly open the first letter.

It was dated a week after they left me with no returned address.

Its funny how we werewolves also have a ‘mail man’ who delivers letters after letters to each pack territory.

They are men or rarely women who work at the headquarters or in other word The Council’s hall.

Biting the bottom of my lips, I read letters after letters. The first ten letters state nothing of who my parents were. They were only asking or more likely hoping I was fine.

All ten letters were sent with in a week gaps but what caught my eyes was the twelfth letter sent four years after the eleventh letter.

The letter was telling my parents that they need to go out, on a holiday because someone would be visiting our pack and they warn my parents not to let those men see me.

The memory seems to come back to me like it only happen yesterday. It was the first time I was let out of the house and the pack territory.

I remember, my so-called parents at that time begged the alpha to let us go. To visit another relative in another pack which what we really did.

They were in Miami and their house stood at the border of the beach. I remembered my first sand castle, my first sunburn, my very first time seeing an ocean and the first time I watch the sun goes down.

But all of the family bonding was lies. They weren’t my family but yet they treated me as one. Does my aunt know that I’m not their sister’s daughter?

I chuckle at the thought.

Of course they’ll know. I look nothing like them or their real children.

My so-called parents were both blonde so it wasn’t a surprise when Kathleen and Ken turn out to be blonde. There hair colour always reminds me of Taylor Swift’s blonde hair. They were the exact colour.

Kathleen and Ken had green eyes like their parents with natural sun-kissed tan. The both have their father’s height and Kathleen have her mum’s natural skinny figure.

Me in the other hand was always been a chubby girl, frizzy curly black hair, pale skin and bright sky blue eyes that a few people from the Crescent pack calls ‘doll’s eyes’.

However, dad have a similar eye colour as mine but his was a darker shade and it doesn’t resembles the ‘doll’s eyes’ look.

An illegitimate child? I thought.

With a roll of an eye, I picked up the next letter and skim over the letter. I continue this for the rest of the letter until I found one envelop with five papers in it.

The letter was sent four months before my ‘birthday’ aka the day my so-called parents found me outside their door.

It started with a simple greeting and hoping I was doing great and wondering if I was doing fine. Then the letter moved on to the part about me changing.

A normal ‘were’ changed when they’re ready which normally are kids who are excited for their first run, that’s around eight to twelve basically before they hit puberty and their excitement change to who they can bang at one night or clothes and shoes.

However, I didn’t change during those times even though I’m as excited as the rest of the kids my age at that time. In fact I changed three months before my birthday which I found out was my birthday.

The third of my birthday it says on the letter was the day I was going to change. Bang on at twelve am in the early morning which sadly to say I changed at the exact date and time the letter stated.

Hidden Truthजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें