~ 18 ~

Ever found yourself in a situation where there are million of questions running through your head but you still found yourself utterly speechless?

Well, that’s exactly my situation right now as I stare at Alex’s eyes, searching for any sign of lie but didn’t found anything.

“Please say something.” He whispered, his eyes roaming my face.

“I…” I trail off as I lick my lips feeling the dry skin against my tongue as I run it across my lips. “I really don’t know what to say.”

He look offended as he jumps to his feet and start pacing while mumbling to himself. “Can you at least shout at me for treating you badly in the pass?” He said stopping just at the end of my bed.

I felt my eyebrow narrowed dangerously close to each other as my frown deepens. Trying hard to think of the horrible things Alex had done to me in the pass only to find nothing. No trace of bad memory of him except for the day he decided to reject me but that was already forgiven a long time ago.

I sat up properly, my eyes wide with realisation and my muscles tense. “What’s wrong?” Alex was beside me in the blink of an eye, his face mask with worry. “Are you hurt anywhere? Do you want me to call the doctor or the nurse?”

“No, I…I just realise something.” I said barely audible looking at my hands on my lap.

He lower his head as he tilt upward on his right side, looking up. His face was mask with so much curiosity to the point it reminds me soo much of a little boy, learning outside of his comfort zone. “What is it?” He whispers.

I pulled back and giggle as I lift my chin up. “I just realise that, you never did treat me bad. Well not until that night…” I trail off but the look on Alex face said it all, he knew what I was on about.

“I’m really sorry about that.” He said, his face mask with soo much guilt and regret. “I really didn’t mean to hurt you. I just wanted to scare you away…but not to the point you’ll actually leave.

I always think you’ll just stay away from me and I can watch you from afar. Watch you smile to everyone even though they treat you badly. Watch you put up with your brother and sister and how you always tuck the left side of you hair behind your ear…” He rants on mumbling with eyes focus somewhere else.

I chuckle and pat his shoulder. “I didn’t know you watch me.” I said with a wink as I continue on, “Beside it’s alright beside what’s important is you realise you were wrong and apologize.” His face lit up but the guilt and regret was still there. “You know, you got me wondering if I actually have a mate out there that haven’t been rejected or killed before we met. What do you think?”

Alex’s face fell as he stares at me in horror. It was pretty funny and even wants to laugh at his expression but something tells me it wasn’t a good idea. “I…I don’t know.” He whispers with sadness.

“I do hope I don’t have another one out there, you two are already a hand full.” I tease, playfully punching his shoulder.

He smile up but we didn’t say anything after that, we just smiled at each other until a soft knock interrupted us. “Sorry to interrupt but Bruce is here and he wants to talk to you.” Tyler said warily.

Alex nod and got up from his seat. “Well, I need to go anyway. Is it alright if I visit you tomorrow or…” He pauses and letting out a deep long sigh. “Or do you want some time alone to think?”

“Of course you can come again tomorrow.” I said smiling up to him while mentally I smack myself for saying such none sense when it was clear as daylight that I need time to think about it.

“Well, I’ll see you tomorrow.” Alex said cheerfully and walk out of the door not giving me time to take back what I said.

“You alright?” Tyler asks eyeing with a concern.

“Yeah, just send Bruce in.” I said as politely as I can when all I want to do is vent my frustration out by snapping at someone or purposely annoyed the hell out of them. Something I found as my alternative for a long run, full on training and shower.

“Hey.” Bruce said snapping me out of my thought. “I hope I wasn’t interrupting anything back then.” He said but the way he said means he was thinking about something else.

“Not at all, it was like perfect timing.” I said holding my tongue before I start snapping at him. “So what are you here to talk about?”

“Well, firstly I’m happy that you gave Alex a chance to explain. I know how difficult this would be for him and how confuse you might be right now but I can tell you one thing.” He pauses like as if he’s adding a dramatic effect as he smiles up. “If you don’t pick Alex, he’ll understand.”

I can only nod my head, biting my tongue. I wanted to tell him it wasn’t his business and I didn’t talk to Alex because he told me to but because I realise either I do it sooner or later I still have to talk to him.

“What’s the second reason you stop by?” I ask annoyed.

“I came here to apologise.” He said barely audible as he took a seat at the armchair that Alex was occupying not too long ago. “I’m really sorry for what I did to you and how much of a jerk I was.”

“Wow you actually know about that.” I said not able to hold it any longer. Bruce glares at me before sigh long and deep.

“Back then I thought I look cool but when I took the position of alpha I realise how stupid I look.” Bruce sighs again but this time it was quick and short. “I understand if you don’t forgive me but I hope you forgive your brother and sister.

Ever since they found their mate, those two seems to die rather than happy. They rarely go out and the only time I can make them go out is when I order them or if their mate visits them.”

“Wait?” I said cutting him off to whatever he was planning to say. “Are you telling me that my older sibling’s mate isn’t with them?” I said shock.

Bruce nod with sadness in his eyes. “They didn’t reject them but they’re rarely talking to them until they make amends with you.”

“How are they going to make amends with me when they don’t even know where I am?” I ask crossing my arms across my chest.

“They hired a detective from the outside and they found you but according to them they found a certificate that you died.” He explained. “Look, I need to go soon but I hope you tell your family about who you really are. I’m not saying do it for me but doing for them who’s been mourning about your ‘death’ for two whole years.”

I watch as Bruce got up and open the door before looking back, giving me a final nod before stepping out of the room and closing the door behind him. Minutes later the door open to reveal a very concern Arvin.

He took long stride towards my by closing the door behind him and sitting on my bed. “Is everything alright?” The moment those words left his mouth I started crying.

“What am I going to do?” I cried on his shoulder.