~ 26 ~

Meanwhile… Arvin’s POV

The room went quiet as Cherry step out of the room. Everyone seems to be in deep thought.

Brian and Alex still haven’t relaxed after finding out this Ken guy was her real mate. They keep giving him a side glare here and now. But I knew they both understand he didn’t purposely reject Cherry because he also got a second mate.

“Excuse.” I said breaking the silence of the room. “Can you tell me more about the Luna pack?”

Mr and Mrs Cruz exchange look and I can tell they were talking to each other. It took them at least a minute before they look my way again.

“Well, I can’t tell much about it but all I can tell you is Luna pack’s members are all blood related to the Hemmings.” Mr Cruz said.

“Blood related?” Bruce asks, frowning.

“I can’t tell you more about the Hemmings history but I can tell you one thing. Every member has a drop of the Hemmings blood. They hunt them and make them join.” Mrs Cruz said.

“That illegal!” Bruce said slamming his hands on the table. “The Council had banded any pack members hunting! They must join and find that pack as they wish!”

Mrs Cruz shakes her head gently. “Not when you’re Hemmings.”

Bruce opens his mouth but I quickly cut him off. “What do you mean?”

“The Hemmings are royals, they don’t follow anyone and they’re born to rule.” Mrs Cruz said before sighing. “Sure, they’re a lot of Hemmings at that time but head title only goes to the original descendant. Beside haven’t you notice? Lady-Lou is starting to go against your order.”

Mr Cruz nods his head in agreement. “You see, the Luna is trying to bring back the Hemmings family.” Mr Cruz looks at Bruce and continues, “They’re not here to cause trouble. They’re here to save us.”

“Save us?” Alex asks. Mr and Mrs Cruz nod their head in agreement but didn’t say anything.

“How can you tell if you’re a Hemmings?” Kathleen suddenly said. “I mean, they might have mistaken Lady-Lou for someone else.” There was a hint of frustration and jealousy in her voice.

Brian tense up next to me but I knew it wasn’t for waiting for the answer. It was for the fact he knew as well as I do that she’s getting jealous with Cherry.

“Do you know what the Luna stands for?” Mrs Cruz asks her daughter.

“The Goddess of moon but what’s that have to do with the Hemmings?” She said, impatiently.

“Everyone with the Hemmings blood even as tiny as a pin head will shift into a white wolf. Soo white that resembles a new fallen snow and this whiteness represents Luna.” Mrs Cruz said proudly.

Kathleen didn’t say anything after but she did huff and cross her arms together on top her chest. “It could be someone who just has a white fur.” She mumbles.

Mr Cruz sighs and shakes his head. “Our wolf has the same fur colour as our natural hair so even a person with platinum blonde can never have a white fur. It always turn out a light shade of yellow but not white.”

The silence follows again before Kathleen jump up on her feet and said, “But she has black hair!”

“And so is her biological mother but she also a white wolf!” Mrs Cruz snap, irritated. “I don’t understand you anymore Kathleen. For the past two years you were moping around hoping to see Lady-Lou again but now you’re acting like you don’t care!”

Kathleen flashes a hurt expression before masking with frustration and anger. “Is that even her real name?” She snaps back.

Before Mrs Cruz can say anything, she turns around a run out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

Ken sighs and slowly got up. “I’ll go see if she’s alright.”

“But are you alright, son?” Mr Cruz asks just as Ken reaches the door.

I watch as Ken face his father and ask with a frown, “What do you mean?”

Mr Cruz shrug his shoulder and said, “Well you just found out Lady-Lou was your first mate today and then found out she’s part of the Hemmings family.”

Ken sighs again and looks at his father defeated. “I kind of figure out she’s not my sister long time ago even Kathleen notice it. We might look like we don’t care but really we do.

We only pick on her because you seems to cherish her more than you cherish your own children and for the mate thing. I also notice it. It’s true I don’t feel the pull but whenever she’s around I felt content and whole while if for the past two years she’s away, I felt emptiness deep down.”

Just like that, Ken left the room leaving his parents staring at the door with their mouth gape open.

The couple look at each other before getting up. “Alpha, it’s nice to see you again but we must go.” They bow their head and left.

“We must tell The Council about the Luna!” Bruce said with a slam of his fist on the desk, leaving a dent.

“No, we can’t.” Bruce looks up at me like I lost it. I shrug my shoulder at him, place my hands on my knees and push myself up. “You’ll just waste your time. No one can defy a Hemmings not even The Council.”

I nod my head and left the room with two more footsteps following me. Brian sighs behind me. “I never thought she’ll be a Hemmings.”

Alex made an ‘um’ sound and said, “Or the fact that Ken is her first mate.”

The two left out a long defeated sigh before I notice their footsteps were going to different direction.

Shaking my head, I head to my room and close the door behind me. I grab my phone and rang Nathan’s number. “Hey, I got a bad news and good news.” I said through the phone once Nathan picked up.