~ 15 ~

I twitch my nose from a sudden ticklish feeling at the tip of it. I must have done it for at least six times before I sat up from a soft chuckle.

I look around my bare lit room. The curtains were still drawn together with only a small gap for me to see outside.

It was partly dark outside with half of the sky still dark as the night sky while the other half was a mixed of red, orange, purple, pink and sky blue where the sun were rising.

I frown letting my eyes quickly adjust from the lack of light before glaring at the intruder. I knew who it was straight away. I can feel it through our stronger bond.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you up.” He said hands up in surrender. “I just couldn’t resist.”

“Why are you here so early?” I frown at him.

I watch as he scratches the back of his neck and since it was dark in the room I wasn’t sure if he blushes or not. “I…I couldn’t wait so I thought I just stay here and wait for you to wake up.” He said sheepishly.

“How long were you been here?” I ask eyeing his every move.

Again, he scratches the back of his neck before running his hand through his smooth looking hair. I couldn’t help but wonder how his hair felt like against my palm.

“I don’t know.” He said with shrug. He rests his head against the bed and yawn. “I came back to the pack house, have a wash and then head back here.”

“Have you slept yet?” I ask wary.

He shakes his head against the bed, eyes closing slowly. “I couldn’t bring myself. I wanted to talk to you straight away.”

“Can’t it wait until the sun is up?” I frown lifting my hand up and giving up to temptation as I run my hand through his hair again and again.

“No. I don’t want anyone to disturb our conversation.” He lifts his head only to rest his chin on the bed. “I heard Bruce talk to you.” He said quietly. I nod my head, hands still running through his head. “What did he say?”

“Not to make any harsh decision until I know the whole story.” I mumble.

He nods his head before bringing his arms up, crossing it together and lying his head on top of it. “Can I ask you a question?” He asks yawning.

“You already did.” I stated, sarcastically.

“Ha-ha, very funny.” He said before yawning again.

I chuckle not helping myself. “What do you want to ask?” I ask but only to meet by a long silence.

I tilt my head to the side and finally realise he fell asleep. I lift my hand off his head making him groan in protest, hands out, searching for mine. When he finally found my hand, he drags it back to his head with a satisfaction sigh.

I giggle letting my hand run through his hair again. I lean on the pillow watching him sleep.

His eyebrow narrowed, mumbling nonsense that I barely understood before let it relax and smiling. I giggle once more as he continues to pull faces while he sleeps.

“I’m sorry…” He mumbles. “…danger…” I frown as I lean closer trying to make sense what he was mumbling about. “…protect mate…danger…sorry…”

My heart nearly broke as he let out a whimper like he was hurting. Our bond let me know that he was hurting badly mixed with soo much sadness and sorrow.

“…couldn’t protect…find sister…” He continues on.

Just as the light shine inside the room through the gap of the curtains. I felt anger and sadness as my mate cried in his sleep as he continues to cry for forgiveness. To whom, I have no idea.

I hum the song my mum sing to me to sleep when I have nightmares. It was a lullaby that her mother taught her and sing for her when she was once little.

Alex stopped whimpering and weakly smile in his sleep before composing a blank but peaceful expression. I continue to hum as I watch Alex sleep.

Who knew this day would come, where I let Alex near me without even wanting to beat him up or worse kill him on the spot.

It’s been a long time since I felt complete and relax but somewhere in me I felt the guilt like as if I was betraying Brian.

Brian. I thought with a smile before frowning from the memory of last night talk with Bruce.

I know he knew something, something really important but yet he didn’t tell me anything beside to let Alex explain or at least hear him out. He was sincere and pleading for me to talk to Alex.

He didn’t beg or actually said the words ‘please, I’m begging you’ but his eyes said it all.

I chuckle forcefully making sound more like a snort as I shake my head. Why did I make that promise? I thought bitterly.

I look down at a sleeping Alex and sigh. I made a promise to myself not to get close to Alex anymore and not let him have a chance to talk to me or let him close to me but yet here he is sleeping next to me while I hum and pat his head.

Wow, I’m so screwed up! I thought dejectedly. “I shouldn’t have made that promise with Bruce.” I mumble to myself.

‘I won’t tell your family that you’re back if you let Alex explain why he did what he done two years ago before you rejected him.’ Bruce words echoed in my head.

Bruce had the look on his face like he was certain that I was going to reject Alex straight on even though I haven’t thought of it. Sure, he rejected me two years ago but I wasn’t like him or any other cruel people out there.

I knew the feeling well enough and I didn’t want to let anyone feel that same pain even if that person is Alex. Beside I was brought up by my parents’ right, making decision only when I knew the whole story not just one side of it.

Maybe I could run away from it all rather than this. I thought before shaking the idea out of my head. Running away will also mean I’m rejecting them but…but…I debate in my head as I continue, am I ready to face everything again?

Deep in thought I didn’t notice someone else was here until I heard a low growls and Alex jumping onto his feet alert and growling.

“What are YOU doing here?” The twins hiss in unison.

“None of your business!” Alex hisses back.

“Boys!” I raise my voice just as the twins open their mouth. “Will you shut up? Alex come sit here.” I demand patting the space on the bed.

Alex and Brian stare at me with wide eyes while Arvin, Tyler and the twins looked at each confuse.

“Come on, I don’t have all day.” I snap. Hesitantly Alex made his way to the spot I pointed out. Once he sat down, I grab the collar of his polo-shirt and pull him down making his head land on the pillow with a gush off air. “Sleep.” I ordered.

He opens his mouth before shutting it tightly close as I send him a stern look. I turn to my boys who look at me dumbfounded except for Brian who look at me with sadness and pain.

“You three go seat on the sofa and watch something or whatever.” I wave my hand dismissingly like a total bitch.

They scramble to their feet and jump onto the sofa before glancing at me warily. “You!” I said pointing at Brian. “Sit here.” I said pointing at the arm chair where Alex sat not too long ago.

Brian sat down to the arm chair without complain and with a blank expression. When I knew he was comfortable I said, “We need to talk.” His face went pale as he looks at me with sadness and hurt.