~ 16 ~

I knew straight away what he was thinking since the colour on his face went paler and his eyes went wide, to the point that it reminds me of an owl. Not able to contain myself, I burst out laughing.

I knew he was frowning at me, I can fell through the bond but I was too preoccupied with my laughing to actually look what his reaction to my sudden laughing.

“What’s so funny?” Alex asks quietly beside me making me stop laughing as I glare at him. “I told you to go to sleep.” I snap.

“Well, I can’t when you’re laughing so loud while slapping the bed like your life depends on it.” He stated in a matter of fact but the playfulness said it all in his expression.

I roll my eyes at him before pushing his head back on the pillow. “Yeah yea, whatever. Just go to sleep.” I look back at Brian who was still frowning at me, confuse. “Sorry about that.” I said shyly.

“Its fine but I think I’ll side with Alex this time.” He said nodding his head towards the person beside me. “I really don’t get what’s so funny.”

I giggle remembering the look on his face. “It was nothing.” I said waving my hand dismissingly. “Beside I need to talk to you about something important.”

Still frowning, Brian leans back on the arm chair, crossing his arm on top of his chair. I watch as his muscles flex before looking back at his face. “About what?”

His voice was husky like he was in the verge of crying before he clears his throat and looking away from my face. I sigh shaking my head lightly. “I’m not going to reject you if that’s what you’re thinking.”

His head snap back and look at me in the face with soo much happiness. His eyes were alive and seem to brighten up as he looks at me with a smile. “You’re not?”

“Of course not, why would you think that?” This time I was the one confused.

“Well, I thought…” He trail off eyeing Alex beside me. “It doesn’t matter.” He smiles up to me lovingly. “So what do you want to talk about?”

I frown before shrugging it off. “I was going to ask you if you could check on Tiffany and her daughter Lily.” I said.

Brian eyed Alex suspiciously and I wouldn’t be surprise because I turn around to look at Alex who seems to tense up at the mention of Tiffany and her daughter. “Do you know them?” I ask Alex who look at me with blank look.

But I wasn’t a fool. His body was too far from being relaxed and his eyes were opened as a book as he flashes one emotion to the other but I knew a lot of it, guilt, regret, sadness, pain, hope and love?

“I’m asking you a question here!” I snap making him flinch. “Do you or do you not know Tiffany and her daughter?”

He quickly sat up, back facing me. “I won’t know unless you tell me their last name.” He said quietly and dejectedly.

“Their last name is Parker.” I said quietly, watching Alex tense up even more.

He got up from the bed not looking at me or anyone else in the room. “I need to go.” He said, not even giving me a time to react as he sprints out of the room.

“What the hell just happened?” I ask no one in particular but everyone shrug their shoulder all staring at the door.