Chapter 2 | Starting Work

Hello there.

This is a formal apology for any 'typos' that may occur. These 'typos' happen due to me not having a computer and having to write this on my ipad. Please take a cookie for the inconvenience 🍪

Yours sincerely,

Someone who is really annoyed due to typos

Now. Let's get back to business.

Chapter 2;

"So, Mrs. Hemmings. Which time in the morning would you like me to start?" It was currently 8:30 pm and to my knowledge, Lucas has gone to bed already. Either that, or he was watching tv or something.

"Please, Belinda. Call me Liz. And you can come in at any time before 10 o'clock to start your duties. I'm sure you don't live too far away?" Today was just the day where I got showed around the mansion. Which, might I add, is pretty big.

"No, no. I just love a few blocks away, just outside the city. And 10's fine" I smiled at her, as politely as I could.

"Alright. And to your left is another bathroom" I opened the nearest door to my left as Liz was leading me down yet another hallway. On the other side of the vertical-standing wood was just another bathroom, displayed like the rest of them. It had its blue and white marble tiles coating the walls with a white tiled floor, a fancy porcelain toilet and matching sink to the right, and to the left side of the room there was marble top benches with cabinets underneath, and attached to the wall, as well as another sink built into the marble. And there was a shower on the wall with the door in it, and a spa bath on the back wall.

"This is the staff bathroom, so if you ever need to use it, you know where it is" I nodded, showing Liz I was paying attention as I was struggling to catch up with her long strides down the long hallway.

Coming to the end of the hall, there was another door, that seemed quite different to the others. I didn't know what it was, it was the same pattern and the same jarrah wood as every other single door in this house, but there was almost a majestic feel to it. Ok, now I was sure I'm going crazy..

"Oh, and this is Lucas' room. I will show you in there first thing in the morning. He is sleeping at the moment" I resisted he urge to open the door and walk into the boy's room. I don't know what it is, but everything about this boy is fairly alluring. That's probably why I felt the door was somehow different to the rest.

................................................................

"Where on Earth are my keys?" I asked to no one at all, because I live alone. Yeah, I get lonely sometimes. Especially since I only moved in here about a month ago. I'm not completely used to it yet, I still miss my mum and brother.

I was dashing through my house, with only one shoe on and looking for my car keys.

I quickly pulled my other shoe on, and it was like an imaginary light bulb turned on in my head. I once found my car keys under the couch after looking for them for like a day. Don't ask, I have no idea how they got there.

Scrambling to the living room, i looked under the sofa. Bingo! The shiny pieces of metal that started my car were sitting there on my pink key ring.

I got up, and made sure I looked decent in the mirror beside me before dashing out the front door and into my car.

Going as fast as I was allowed down the road, I remember what Liz had told me before I left yesterday.

"Remember, you don't have to start until 10." It was 9:30 now, and it would take me ten minutes to get there, but I still want to be early since it is my first day.

.....

I made it here in eleven minutes exactly. Feeling pretty proud of myself, I parked myself inside the gates, after scanning my card. This family really is loaded. I learned that after Mrs. Hemmings won twenty million dollars in the lottery about 20 years ago, Mr. Hemmings had bought his own car company, which has only proved to be very successful so far. It sounds so cliche, but it's nothing but the truth. Or at least, that's what I heard.

Pulling the keys out of the ignition, I hopped out of my car and shut the door, making sure to lock it. Just in case.

Walking up the many steps leading to the front doors of the oversized 'home', I opened one of the doors, and slipped my black tinted sunglasses into my handbag that was slung over my shoulder.

I walked straight, until I got to the split staircase that curled half to the left, and half to the right, and decided on the right half. I've never really understood this style of staircase. I mean, sure it looks fancy, but what really is the point in them, when both halves lead me to the same place?

Once I got to the top and middle of both halves, I continued down the right hallway, until I was stood in front of the same majestic door as yesterday. Lucas' room.

Taking a deep breath to calm my nerves, I knocked on the dark wood twice before taking a step back, waiting for about a minute before growing slightly impatient and knocking on the door again.

I was about to knock a third time when the door swung open, and there was a shirtless Lucas facing opposite me. It was only now that we were this close to each other that I had realised how attractive that boy really is. Even if he has bed head.

"Can I help you?" The the blonde smirked.

I blushed and looked down to my fidgeting fingers before gaining confidence and looking back into the ocean blue eyes again

"Oh, well I was told yesterday by, uh.. Mrs Hemmings that I could come up here and start my chores straight away?" I answered his question with a statement that almost seemed like a question.

"Well," the boy said, looking at his imaginary watch, "it is actually ten minutes until 10, you you can just chill for a while. You actually woke me from my sleep" he winked at me.

"Oh, Lucas I-"

"First of all" he cut me off, "Don't call me Lucas" a serious look coming over his face.

"Well what do I call you then?" I tilted my head to the side, in curiosity.

"Luke. You mind if I call you Bella? The crooked smile re appeared on his lips.

"Not at all. Well Lucu- uh, Luke. I'm sure ten minutes is up now. Where would you like me to start?" I was in a rush to skip this awkward conversation. I was never good with face-to-face interaction with people like this. Especially when they are really attractive, and their face is just centimetres away from yours.

"Woah, woah, woah. Desperate?" He raised his eyebrows as he leaned on the doorframe so he was blocking the way in to the large room which mainly consisted of a bed, two bedside tables, a wardrobe and a lamp.

"Since you seem to be in such a rush to start cleaning my room, then go ahead. You can start on the bedroom, since I'm going to be taking a shower." With that he rushed into another door on the other side of the room, and shut it, the locking sound audible from where I was still standing in the doorway.

I sighed, before stepping into the mostly blue room, and opened the floor-to-ceiling curtains, allowing light to spill into the room

................................................................................................................................

Authors Note- sorry for the wait! Ehe :3 I've been kinda tired lately, and I had work today. Also, I hope this chapter makes sense :/ (also, sorry it's not very long!)

Person who comes up with a pet name will get a dedication in one of the upcoming chapters!

Also, check out my friend @megsy_mckay she's a great author!

Oh, and check out @eternity_xx 's book :) x

Peace

B x