Chapter 13 | Awkward Encounter

~Author's Note~

gOODNESS GRACIOUS IT HAS BEEN 5 MONTHS SINCE I UPDATED THIS BOOK THAT'S ALMOST HALF A YEAR AND THAT IS A LONG TIME. I do appologise greatly about the quality of the storyline. it may be a bit jumbled at the moment as I am trying to squeeze in other ideas, haha, but I do, however, hope you enjoy this Chapter! :) xoxo -B

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His smile looked almost as charming as the last time I saw it almost two years ago. As his eyes gleamed at me in surprise, I stood there shocked, staring at my ex-boyfriend, Jason.

"Bell" his sweet voice breathed out as he continued to intensely stare at me.

"Hello Jason" I replied. "What are you doing here?" I questioned, confused.

He broke his stare as he placed his magazine on the counter beside him.

"I moved here about a year ago, and heard from Ivory that you were in town." He grinned at me.

"Wait.. You've spoken to Ivory?" I questioned further.

"Uhh.. yeah. we kind of, got together a while ago, and, yeah..." he stuttered, trying to explain the situation between my best friend and him. I nodded, only increasing the awkwardness of the atmosphere around us.

"So.. You work here?" I asked, hoping to decrease the awkwardness to at least the level it was at the time I had walked in, which was still a fair amount.

"Yeah. Yeah I do. As of several months ago." All I did was nod again, hoping not to arouse the awkward tension in the room once again.

"Well, I'm just here to drop off Prince for the weekend. I will be back to pick him up sunday evening." I explained, lifting the tuxedo bicolour cat in my arms and gently placing him on the wooden bench that was separating my previous lover and I, feeling as though it was captivating the awkwardness between us.

"Alright. I will just get you the book to sign him in and fill in the contact details incase of emergencies." He explained.

"Oh, everything should already be in the system. I've left him here before." I smiled.

"Yeah, we've updated our system recently, so just to be sure I will have to get you to fill out this contact form." He informed me, reaching out to one of the pigeon holes in the short shelf in front of him and handing it to me, as well as a pen. I nodded and started filling out the form.

Once I had done, I looked up, only to notice Jason playing with Prince, and scratching him behind the ears, which I knew he loved. I smiled to myself, knowing that Prince was going to enjoy his time here, before clearing my throat, gaining the attention of Jason so he could take my form and I could get going.

"So, where are you going for the weekend that you can't take Prince to?" Jason asked, obviously trying to make conversation.

"Oh, just home" I replied.

"Ah, home sick, hey?"

"Yeah. I kind of miss my family and promised I would visit them soon." I explained.

"That's a pretty long way to go for such a short amount of time?" He questioned.

"It's only about an hour's flight" I replied.

"Wait.. You're flying? why not just drive there?" Jason asked, shocked.

"I don't know. I think I just enjoy the experience of flight, rather than car."

Jason laughed. "I should've remmebered from those years ago." He mumbled, shaking his head.

"Yeah." I trailed off, looking around the shelter.

"Well, I'd better get going" I said suddenly. "See you on sunday Princey. Bye Jason." I waved over my shoulder, whilst heading towards the door and to my car awaiting me in the carpark just outside the pet shelter.

..................................................................

After the thirty minute drive to the airport (and thirty minutes of singing along to james Blunt), I retrieved my luggage from the boot/trunk of the car and dragged it over to the queue where I waiting until it was my turn to recieve my tickets and wait to board my plane.

After waiting for them announce my plane was boarding, it was finally time to take off, so I sat back and tried to ignore the guy who was sitting next to me playing his music through his earphones really loudly, as well as tolerate the kid sitting behind me, who was kicking the back of my seat .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But yay! an update! lets celebrate pls. ok i will try to update more often. Hope you enjoyed :3

~B xoxo