Chapter 6 | Eavesdropping

Chapter 6

Beep beep beep beep beep

I groaned. The other obnoxious thing in my home. My alarm clock.

I threw my arm around the side of my bed. Aimlessly trying to out an end to the annoying sound.

When I realised it was almost physically impossible for me to stop the noise without opening my eyes, I groaned for a second time, fluttering my eyelids open, I had to blink a few times so I could see clearly.

Once my vision was proper, I made the mistake of rolling over (I'm no Rebecca Black), as I was already lying on the very edge of the bed, resulting in me lying on the floor, face to face with the rough carpet beneath me. I groaned for a third time before finally reaching up and turning off the alarm clock. Today was Wednesday, which meant I have to go back to work and clean up Luke's room.

Luke and I had texted a little bit yesterday, but not much, only what time I should come over tomorrow to start cleaning, which we settled on ten.

I got up off the floor and walked into the kitchen, with my shadow following behind me. That shadow being none other than Prince.

Opening the door to the pantry I got out the toaster along with a new tin of cat food I had bought yesterday while shopping.

I made a quick stop at the microwave to take the bread out and walked over to the familiar bench. I plugged the toaster in the socket and turned on the power, popping a slice of bread into the machine. After pushing down the 'toast' button, I opened Prince's tin of food, and emptied the mush into his bowl that was still on the floor. The cat immediately dug in, while I walked over to my en suite where I started getting ready for the day by washing my face, brushing my teeth and continuing on with my daily makeup routine.

After tying my hair up into a high ponytail, I was finished with my whole look in ten minutes. Quickly changing into some high waisted jeans, and a purple long sleeved shirt and quickly dashed back to the kitchen where I collected the Nutella from the cupboard as spread a thick layer of it over my toast, which was still a little warm since my toaster traps the heat in a little.

After finishing my toast, I practically chucked my phone, purse, apron and keys in my handbag along with all of my other 'female essentials', and left some dry food out for Prince to munch on whilst I was gone.

I darted out of the front door and down to my car when I jumped inside (not literally), and started the engine, driving down the few blocks to the Hemmings' household.

..

Once I made it up the twin staircase, I headed straight down the hall towards Luke's room, butterflies starting up in my stomach. The past week that I've known Luke, I've started to grow more and more feelings for him, which is probably not good, but I can't help it.

I don't know if he feels the same way. I doubt it, but it's highly unlikely. Even though I get the vibe that he's flirting with me in more than a friendly way.

I knocked on the door before entering which may have been a bad idea, considering Luke was half naked, and on the phone.

Surprisingly, he hadn't noticed me yet, so I just stayed silent, as I went to walk out of the room and go to the kitchen to talk to the other maids.

"But Carissa. She's just a friend." I heard overheard Luke speaking into his mobile. I didn't want to eavesdrop, but his conversation sounded kind of interesting.

"Babe, I promise. She's just my maid.. Yes! I promise. She means nothing to me"

She means nothing to me.

Nothing.

My heart felt like it had sunk to my feet. Yeah, that thing about Luke maybe liking me? Yeah, forget about that my thought have been confirmed. It's definite he doesn't like me.

I shut the door, which was another mistake, because I forgot that the doors were wooden, and Luke had heard the echo through the jarrah which was created by the (almost) slam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke's P.O.V

"Babe, I promise. She's just my maid.. Yes! I promise. She means nothing to me" I lied out of my very own mouth to this girl that I hardly knew. I mean, not that I know Bel that much either, but I feel almost a connection whenever I'm with her, or even talking to her, even if it's been only three days.

I heard a door slam behind me and my immediate reaction was to check my watch, which had the time displayed on it.

10:05

Oh no.

"Look, Carissa. I've got to go. My... Mums calling me, bye" I said quickly, coming up with yet another lie, before hanging up. That couldn't have been Bel, could it? Well, there's only one way to find out...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note-

Hey there friends.

So I'm sorry that this Chapter's kinda short... I have a bit of writer's block, but not to worry because i have plenty planned for future chapters! =D

Please let me know if you are enjoying this book so far. Or if you want me to change anything, i will see what I can do.

votes/comments/shares/follows are appreciated, so don't forget! :D

Dedication goes to Eternity_xx (again) because she's always been here for me, and supported me since i started this story just a few days ago, and she recently reached 1K votes on her werewolf story 'You Have No Idea, My Dear Alpha'. go check it out! =D

I hope you all have a lovely day/night.

Ciao,

B xo