Chapter 7 | Cleaning Frenzy

Chapter 7

Bel's P.O.V.

As I was running out of Lukes room, I passed a door which was just opening.

"Belinda?" I heard a high, female voice from behind me. I turned around to see Eliza standing there.

"Oh, hey Eliza" I leaned up against he wall, trying to make myself look like I wasn't about to burst into tears in any second.

"Belinda, what's wrong?" She tilted her head to the side in confusion.

Of course she was confused. I'm their maid. I'm not supposed to start liking Luke.

"Oh, nothing. Just get really bad hay fever. Yanno" I waved her off, trying to get her to stop worrying.

"Ok." She smiled happily, skipping down the hall until she got to her bathroom. Was I really that convincing? Or was she just too oblivious? I decided to go with the second one.

The sound of shuffling brought me out of my thoughts as I looked up and spotted Luke opening his bedroom door and walking out of it. I immediately spun back around so I was facing the destination I'd had before, picking up my pace, and power walking down and behind the stairs, to the kitchen.

"Oh hello Belinda!" I heard a voice to my right.

"Hi Liz" I gave my boss a weak smile.

"Everything alright?" She asked, concerned.

"No, no. Everything's fine, thank you. I was just going to ask Ms. Harold about something" I reassured her, not really lying because I did need to ask Mel something.

"Oh, okay. Well I'll see you later" Liz smiled at me.

"Okay, bye" I gave her a small smile and wave and headed to the kitchen to speak with our cook.

"Hey girl!" I heard as soon as I entered the cooking area.

"Hey Mel! Whatcha cooking?" I asked the cook, who was just a few years older than me.

I quickly sat down at one of the stools that were lined up on the outside of the counter, which was surrounding the island in the middle of the large room.

"Just some pancakes for sir Lucas" she rolled her eyes, which I laughed at.

"What flavour?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Chocolate chip. You want to try one?" She offered.

"Sure" I smiled and grabbed a pancake off the plate, popping it into my mouth and moaning in delight.

"These are great!" I complemented.

"Thanks. My mother taught me how to make them. They're my specialty" she grinned at me.

"That's great! So, where about is your mum? Does she cook much?" I asked in more curiosity.

"Um, my mum died when I was 16" she mumbled, looking down to the ground.

My eyes bulged.

"Oh my gosh. Mel, I am so sorry!" I gushed, feeling really guilty for asking.

"It's fine" she gave me a weak smile. "It was a while ago. Ten years next month".

I placed my hand over hers which was on the bench, supporting her as she was leaning on it.

"It's okay to feel upset" I smiled at her.

"Thanks. Well, I don't really want to talk about it." She smiled back at me. I nodded.

I sniffed the air. I could smell something burning. Mel and I both looked towards the stove.

"Oh crap!" Mel exclaimed, jumping up from where she was already standing, and turning off the gas, grabbing the spatula to scrape off the burnt batter and melted chocolate from the ceramic frying pan.

I heard someone walking into the kitchen and turned around to see who else but Luke Hemmings.

"Lucas" I nodded to him, before I walked past him, deliberately brushing my shoulder against his as I did.

"Don't call me Lucas" I heard him mutter as I walked out of the room, throwing a "Seeya later, Mel" and a wave over my shoulder as I walked out of the room, power walking up the stairs.

I reached the staff closet (more like janitors closet) and grabbed the vacuum cleaner, dragging it by the handle all the way to Luke's room.

.

Once I reached the mostly blue bedroom, I plugged the vacuum into the power socket, turning it on. I angrily started cleaning up Luke's room, vacuuming the floor, sucking up any dirt or unwanted stuff.

I was happily vacuuming away (is it strange that I find cleaning 'calming'?), when I was scared out of my skin.

"Boo" I heard in my ear.

I jumped half a metre in the air.

"Lucas. You scared me" I scolded.

"Don't. Call. Me. Lucas" he said slowly, sitting down on his bed, watching me intently.

I went back to vacuuming, deciding to ignore the vary attractive boy who was in this room.

"So Bel. How have you been?" He tried to start conversation, but I just blocked him out, pretending I couldn't hear him.

I was shaken out of my psycho cleaning state when the power to the vacuum cleaner was shut off. I turned around to see Luke standing there with a stupid smirk on his face.

"Hey!" I pouted. "I was cleaning"

"I think the floor is clean enough" he chuckled.

"But I-" I was cut off with the feeling of soft lips pressed against mine, and a fluttering feeling in my stomach. I couldn't believe this was happening. I don't know why I'm feeling like this. I hate Luke.

But if I hated him so much, why do I find myself kissing him back?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note-

Hi guys!

I bet you can tell I'm running out of ideas for the titles, ehe.

So I hope you liked this chapter. I had fun writing it.

I've got a fuzzy feeling from the last part!

So yeah. I hope you liked it, and please vote/comment/share/follow!Ok, bye!

Luv ya,

B xo