Chapter 9 | The Kiss

As I pulled into the large parking lot, I started driving toward the front entrance of the huge shopping centre, before spotting a familiar tall blonde boy wearing ray bans sitting out the front on his phone. I pulled up beside him, and rolled my eyes when he didn't notice me there.

The boy finally looked up just seconds later after I honked my car horn quickly, and wound down the electric window. I saw his face light up as his bright blue eyes connected with mine, I assume, considering I couldn't even see his eyes through the dark tinted sunglasses.

He jumped up from the wooden park bench and power walked the short distance to the passenger door of my car, opening it, and ducking his head before sitting down and closing the door again after him.

I heard him sigh in relief as though he hadn't actually expected me to come to pick him up.

"Bel. Thank you so much" he said, re directing his gaze over to me, which I ignored, partly because I was angry and mostly because I was trying to keep my eyes on the road.

"Lucas, are you going to explain to me why you needed me to pick you up?" I asked, not fully convinced that he 'just need a lift'.

He groaned "First of all. Don't call me Lucas. And second, I told you. There were no busses for another hour" he said, as though I was stupid for thinking he would wait a whole hour for a bus.

"Oh bull, Luke. Look, I understand that you're used to getting your way, and that you don't want to wait a 'whole hour' for a bus, but I know that your parents really don't mind you going out, and your friends could've given you a ride home." I said harshly, yet tried to sound as sweet as possible, due to his parents being my boss, and they can fire me at any time they want.

I was expecting him just to brush it off, but to my surprise, he hung his head slightly in shame, causing me to turn my head to look at him in shock, before averting my eyes back to the road where I was focusing on driving.

"Did-" he started, but shutting his mouth before he could say more. He sighed before finally deciding to say what he was going to say.

"Did that kiss mean anything to you?" I noticed out of the corner of my eye that he had looked at me while asking me his question.

I thought about it for a second.

"Did that kiss mean anything to you?" I repeated his question, deciding I didn't want to answer it.

"I asked first, Bel." He chuckled quietly, but I could tell he was getting slightly frustrated.

"I- I don't know" I stuttered. I honestly didn't know. I mean, I know I have feelings for Luke, but I just wasn't too sure exactly how strong those feelings for this boy were.

Luke's P.O.V (yay!)

"I- I don't know" Bel answered me. I felt my face drop. I sure know how I felt during those ten seconds that we kissed. That kiss actually meant everything to me. Call me cheesy, but in that moment, everything felt unreal. Like it was all a dream.

"It meant something to me" I trailed off.

"H- how much, exactly?" Bel asked, hesitantly.

"A lot" I muttered quietly, hoping that she wouldn't hear it, but I know she did.

We were quiet for the rest of the ride, almost muted music coming out of the radio, which I could only just make out the song that was playing. It was trumpets' by Jason Derulo. One of my favourite songs, but I didn't really want to sing along to it because I knew that Belinda was still upset with me.

As we drove up the long driveway and parked in one of the unneeded parking spots, I felt my phone buzz in by back pocket.

From: Mum

Lucas, can you please call Belinda and ask her to come to the mansion. I need her to fill out a few forms.

"Looks like you're coming with me" I said, looking up at her from my phone.

"Why?" She asked out of confusion.

"Mum needs to see you quickly" I shrugged.

Bel's face fell as she gulped, unbuckling her seatbelt and starting to get out of the car.

We walked up the steps side by side and I pushed open the front door, expecting to see the 'lobby' of the mansion empty, but boy was I wrong...

----------------------------------------------------

Authors Note- hey guys!

So I'm sorry that this chapter was late as well, and sorry that it's boring. I have stuff planned, so don't worry! :)

Guess what! I'm re painting my room! (I know you don't really care, but I'm excited! :D ) so that's why I may not update immediately. I have a lot of work to do on my room, and this week end I'm going to be working a lot because it's Australia Day, and my work's going to be busy. Sunday and Monday. So that's just a warning :)

Anyways, have a nice day! :)

P.s. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR THE 1K reads! This actually means so much to me, so thank you so much :)

Love you

B xo