chapter i

• Dedicated to My Chemical Romance :)

They Don’t Believe In Us

 Prologue

Today would have been a normal day. I arrived to school on time; my bag was full of the correct equipment. To top it all off, I had drama first lesson, which was good.

 I arrived extra early to my form group. Nobody was here, apart from my tutor. He was typing away at his computer; he is an IT teacher so that would make sense.

 “Hope,” He said without even glancing up, I walked towards his desk. I wonder what he wants?

 “We have a new student; I would like you to welcome him with open arms.” My grin faltered.

 “H-him?” My voice was scratchy so I had to restart the word. 

“Yes Hope, he is a boy.” Mr Burkett said almost sarcastically. 

“But…” 

I did not want to show a boy around school!

“You’re a girl Hope, I know. Get over it! You were the first in class… where you not listening when I said that whoever gets here first would have the pleasure of showing a new guy around?” He raised an eyebrow, It was obvious I was had not been listening. Damn. No wonder nobody was here.

I grumbled under my breath, but Mr Burkett seemed to hear me.

“Hope, it will be fine, let him fit in, be nice.” He warned me, and then sent me back to my seat.

People were now rushing into the room, pleased that they did not have to show the new guy around.

“HOPE!” I heard a familiar voice, Emily, one of my friends. I smiled at her as we both sat down. As usual she was glued to her iPod. We both had to same taste in music; we were obsessed with music. I pulled out my phone, immediately getting hypnotised with the amazing words of Billie-Joe Armstrong.

I was pulled from my music daydream to a tap on my shoulder; Emily was sitting next to me, head banging, to Green Day I expect.

“What?” I snapped, turning around.

Before me stood a young boy, the same age as me, 16. His messy, shoulder length hair looked greasy and his parting was all over the place. I was not fazed with his appearance, but I immediately knew he was the new kid. I could tell he would probably not fit in well, dyed black hair, skinny jeans, Iron Maiden tee, and a permanent frown.

“Yes?” I questioned after he did not speak.

“You are showing me around?” I nodded seeing his frown turn down if that was even possible.

He didn’t reply, so I turned around and turned my music right up again. Music was my sanctuary; I can’t go a day without listening to my favourite band, like Pierce The Veil, Sleeping With Sirens and The Used. I was lucky to have friends who actually listened to music like that. Without my brother I would be stuck listening to Adele and Katy Perry, which I have nothing against, but with rock music I have a feeling that I belong. Yeah, weird, but it’s okay not to be normal.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, immediately knowing it would be him, I swivelled around. Fuck yeah, our school has swivel chairs, I learn in style motherfuckers. 

“What do I do?” He asked, I pointed to a chair next to me then turned back to my music. I was not the friendliest person alive. I tend to laugh and blush at everything. I mean everything. Especially with people I do not know. It’s better to just spend time with myself or risk doing something wrong.

Mr Burkett was giving me disapproving looks from across the room. Oh yeah, I was meant to actually talk to him. Damn.

“Uhm… Uhm...” I cleared my throat, his eyes were wandering off in the distance, I was not sure he would hear me. I did not want to risk tapping him on the shoulder. It could get awkward.

“Err… hello?” I questioned realising he did not know my name and I did not know his. He turned around, facing me, signalling he heard. He really didn’t talk much.

“…What’s your name?” I finally asked, snapping out of my daydream. His eyes were such a unique hazel brown…

“Gerard, Gerard Way.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for all the feedback! Chapter 1 will be up and ready on 9th April, in dedication of just one of the members of My Chemical Romance. Gerard Way, for you to enjoy on his birthday... stay tuned!

I know there is supposed to be a 3 year age gap between Mikey and Gerard, but it will only be a 1 year gap, so Mikey is in the year below Gerard. Frank and Ray are also in the year below Gerard, with a 1 year age gap between them and him. (I know, not all the facts are perfect, but go along with it!)

(Frank, Mikey, Ray and Gerard all look like they did in the MTV version of 'I'm Not Okay')

Killjoy Out...