chapter xi

Chapter 10

They Don’t Believe In Us

“Settle down kids!” I snorted slightly at the ‘Kids’ bit, we are 16 now- not year 7’s! Everyone got into their assigned seats, me and Emily, Gerard and Lindsey.

I wondered if she would stay friends with Gerard like I had when I had to show him around. Or if- when she knows the school she would make more friends. Not like I wanted her to leave- I just wanted my friend back.

Maybe I’m exaggerating- she had been here for a day and already I’m judging her, she seemed lovely and out-going earlier- once I have cooled off maybe it will all be fine.

Today just isn’t my lucky day.

Then again- most days aren’t.

“Okay” The teacher cleared her voice- snapping me out of my daydreams.

“Today, what do you want to be when you grow up?” She exclaimed- this was pretty pointless we weren’t young anymore- most of us where taking the courses and stuff we were doing because that’s what we aspired to be in the future. I rolled my eyes as she handed me a piece of paper.

When I grow up I want to be?’

I read, pondering for a minute I scrawled down my answer.

‘Something working with animals'

Lame right?

Go ahead laugh. Most people do. But I really do love animals- my mother has never been very keen on them, even though the rest of my family are.

“What did you put?” I asked Emily,

“Pfft, I said in a band, this is lame right!?” I laughed and agreed- we loved the idea of being in a band- if that will ever happen; I don’t know.

“Gerard?” I tapped him on the back. “What did you put down?” He handed me his slip of paper.

Nothing at all’

I read it- then read it again.

“When you grow up you want to be nothing at all?” I asked puzzled. Gerard simply took his paper from me and turned around.

That was slightly weird!?

I looked forward facing the teacher drone on about ‘The future is in your hands’ which I guess some of it is- but whatever.

“Lindsey- what did you put?” I asked- trying to make conversation. She chuckled,

“When I grow up I want to be ‘with my band; Mindless Self Indulgence’!” I laughed- okay, my choice was pretty lame.

“Gerard?” Emily tapped his back- he turned around when the teacher was distracted.

“What did you say?” He showed her the slip, her expression matched mine perfectly.

“Why?” This will answer the question I have been wondering about,

“Because people always say I can’t make it, they say My Chemical Romance will never make it big- that I will make nothing out of life. This is to show them I can do it… if they always put me down, maybe I will be nothing at all.” I pondered over his reasoning- but he had also written;

‘Playing in my band My Chemical Romance.’

I wished in my head that one day My Chemical Romance will make it big- I know how much it means to Gerard and the rest of the boys. I hope to be there when their band will be famous, I will just be the girl they met in school- but for me, to see them smiling and happy would be a gift in itself, because I know what they have been through.