chapter xviii

Chapter 17

They Don’t Believe In Us

Gerard had not managed to ask Lindsey out yesterday, as he planned to do – but Mindless Self Indulgence where here, and we were all getting to meet them today.

Yes, me, Gerard, Mikey, Ray, Frank, Alicia, Jamia, Bree and the whole of Mindless Self Indulgence where going to be crammed into Bree’s house, as her father was out on a work trip.

“We have to have, like, a band-off!” Frank chattered excitingly, we were all clutching our Starbucks beverages again.

Seeming as Frank and Ray knew where Bree lived perfectly all of us where roaming the streets, heading towards her house.

I was totally overwhelmed in the ‘posh’ side of town, the houses where so much bigger than ours, I couldn’t wait to see the inside of Bree’s house.

“So we are meeting MSI there?” Jamia asked Gerard, using the abbreviation to Lindsey’s band. Gerard was texting, most probably Lindsey, and he nodded lightly.

“Yep, they’re all waiting outside Bree’s house; apparently they don’t know where she is.”

“She’s on her way…” Ray chimed in, shutting off his phone as we came to a stop in front of a giant white and very posh looking house.

I gasped, partially at the magnificent house, but partially of the look of Mindless Self Indulgence.

Remember when I first saw Lindsey? And though she was cool, well, this group of three people made Lindsey look plain in comparison, which she was most definitely not.

“Wow.” Frank breathed from besides me, “That mohawk!” He raised his voice slightly, looking towards Jimmy, I think it was. Lindsey has shown us pictures and videos before hand – so we knew more about them. But nothing could have prepared me for this – they looked so punk-like, and totally out of place in front of a white building the size of, like, loads of average houses put together.

Lindsey waved to all of us, introducing us to the three people.

Pointing towards the one with the mohawk – my assumptions where right – he was Jimmy. The boy with the short cropped black hair, who was also slightly bigger, was called Steve. The other girl, as well as Lindsey, was Kitty, she had dark make-up on and her hair tied in pigtails with the ends dip-dyed looked so good on her, I was seriously contemplating ripping off her hair and sticking it on mine.

But of course, it wouldn’t look as good on me.

We were all introduced to them, I could tell they were struggling to remember all our names, but at least none of them where shy – so they didn’t make me seem shy at all.

“I’m never going to remember all those names, and, isn’t Bree a type of cheese?” Jimmy asked, chuckling to himself slightly at his ‘joke’.

“Hey!” Bree laughed, hanging onto Rays arm.

Yes, I will admit I do still feel jealous, I mean, I did like Ray, even if not properly. I’m only jealous because I care, right? It’s quite hard to register all that’s been happening recently, with Bree randomly waking into my life, and confusing everything with me and Ray – my feelings are allowed to be muddled.

We were all getting along perfectly, when Frank suggested his idea of a band-off, where basically both Mindless Self Indulgence and My Chemical Romance would play some of their songs, and me, Jamia, Alicia and Bree would just… watch. Which was fine by me, as I loved to get lost in the music, especially My Chemical Romance’s, and it would be interesting to listen to Mindless Self Indulgence – for one of the first times.