chapter vii

Chapter 6

They Don’t Believe In Us

The next morning, I got up as usual. Stretching as the alarm went off; signalling that is was now 7:00am. I yawned, clicking my jaw in the process.

“Ouch, crap!” I moaned rubbing my jaw, I can’t face Gerard and all of them lot, it must have looked so weird, me basically spying on them.

“Hope,” My mother entered my room, flinging the curtains open, the bright light temporarily blinded me. I scrabbled under the duvet. Tangling myself up in the covers- just to shield my eyes, I fell to the floor with a bang.

“School" My mother’s cheery voice cut my thoughts, she obviously never noticed that I just fell off the bed and was now lying in a heap on the floor.

Note the sarcasm.

“Hello, mum, any help?” I asked sarcastically,

“Can’t you just pull yourself off the floor and get dressed Hope? It doesn’t take a genius to figure it out!” My mother laughed- I have no idea what to, personally I found nothing funny about this situation. Well, that’s my mum for you.

Once I had un-tangled myself from the duvet, finally got dressed and had something to eat, it was time to leave for the trek to school.

Wait a minute… if Gerard and Mikey live there, I might just bump into them, it’s a wonder I never spotted them at all over the past week.

I ran out the door, to my mother probably looking eager to get to school, but I was just hoping to get there before Gerard and Mikey would decide to leave.

It would mean me being super early, but at least I have my iPod to listen to, instead of Mr Burkett’s boring droning, on and on about stuff nobody wants to listen to.

I managed to speed walk up the winding roads and out of our estate; hopefully all will be clear from here. I hitched my backpack further onto my shoulder, occasionally looking around.

I never walked to school with anyone; I liked to be alone, to rock out to music without someone always interrupting me. Plugging in my earphones, Bullet For My Valentine started on my phone,

“Shoot!” I jumped; the start of ‘Pleasure and Pain’ came on, full blast, causing me to swear under my breath as the singer screamed into my ear.

“CRAP!” My phone hit the pavement, the head phones luckily coming untangled from my ears, the loud music blasted from my ear phones. Good to know my phone was still intact!

I leaned over, attempting to grab my phone without looking like a weirdo with my ass stuck into the air. I stretched over, almost…

“Hooope” A nasally voice caused me to shoot back up, managing to grab my phone and stuff it into my bag,

“Yes?” I turned around, face to face with Madelyn, blonde, fake and very annoying. She always pretended to be nice, never fall for it.

“You’re looking gorgeous today very… Uhm, black” She smiled, a little venom in her eyes. She had a knack of being nice while trying to insult you; she loved to see people squirm under her gaze.

“Cool.” I answered, trying to veer around her.

“Are you a… oh god! The word makes me cringe… are you a Goth?” I narrowed my eyes, if she thinks she’s getting under my skin, it isn’t working! I don’t mind people calling me a Goth, it doesn’t insult me, maybe I am a Goth, and maybe I want to be.

“I’m Hope, get my name right.” I rolled my eyes, obviously irritating her.

“Well, jeez, don’t get a nose piercing!” She sounded like a little chiwawa.