chapter xiv

Chapter 13

They Don’t Believe In Us

“OMG!” Frank exclaimed halfway through the first Saw, they had been drugged and trapped in the bathroom type thing. He leaped into Jamia’s lap, causing the rest of us to laugh like hyenas. Mikey and Alicia had disappeared near the start of the movie, and I could tell Ray didn’t like it either.

“Attention, Attention everyone, I’ve got a couple of things I would like to get off my chest…” I heard Ronnie Radkes voice from Falling In Reverse singing the intro of Caught Like A Fly.

“Hey!” Lindsey and the others complained Gerard, Lindsey, Frank and Jamia seemed to be engrossed in the film.

“I’m going to… take this call, I don’t really like this film, see you later!” Ray walked out the room, epically failing when he tripped over Frank’s foot and fell with a ‘Thud!’

Everyone let out a laugh but didn’t actually let their eyes trail away from the torture on the screen. Ray sighed and picked himself of the floor;

“Please, someone come I don’t want to be alone!” Ray sighed again; I stood up and followed him.

“Mind if I follow? I can’t stand this film…” I awaited his reply, then when he said yes, I ran out the room before I could see the man cut his foot off – I knew that bit was coming soon from everything Frank had said.

We stood in the kitchen awkwardly as Ray awaited someone to phone him back. I heard the familiar sound of Caught Like A Fly come from Ray’s ringtone and he hurriedly answered it. I wondered away trying to banish the faces of bloody people from the Saw movie, also not wanting to hear into his conversation.

I glanced over quickly and noticed he had a pained expression on his face, going from slightly unhappy to severely depressed. He dropped the phone suddenly and froze for a minute. As soon as I could notice what was going on I ran to his aid.

“Ray?” He shakily nodded his head.

“Are you okay?” He nodded, I inwardly laughed – because he was obviously not okay.

“Uhm, yeah, yeah, I’m fine… just a little… shocked.” He blinked a couple of times, obviously surprised or unhappy about something but I didn’t want to prod him into saying anything.

“…Ray?” He nodded, “Wh-what’s up?”  I hugged him quickly; he looked so frail and weak right now.

“I-I, I’m fine, just fine.” He breathed slowly, “I don’t really want to go into details. I don’t want to watch that film again, stay with me?” Ray questioned, plopping into a chair.

“When a girl says ‘We need to talk’ what does it mean?” Ray randomly burst out after a few minutes of comfortable silence.

I thought for a moment,

“Well, it could mean lots of things, I’ve never said it myself but it might be breaking bad news… or good news.” I added, hoping that would have cheered Ray up.

“Oh, okay, well there’s no point in dwelling on the past…” He muttered mainly to himself, but I managed to hear most of it.

“Well, what do you want to do now?” Now that I had Ray and he was actually speaking to me, I wasn’t going to let it go.

“Well, do you want to find Mikey and Alicia?” Ray asked, already hoping of his seat.

“I guess the decision is already made.” I laughed, following him out the room. We both headed to Mikeys room, without even having to have a conversation we guessed that they would be there.