chapter x

Chapter 9

They Don’t Believe In Us

I heard everyone laugh- well Ray, Jamia and Frank.

“Hope, wait!” Ray called- grabbing my arm softly.

“Yes?” I blushed at his grip on my arm, I supressed the feeling to laugh- my arm felt all tingly…

“D-do you know where Gerard is?” I scowled at the mention of his name.

“Way to ruin my bad mood Toro, I don’t give a damn where that mother freaking mooey has got to.” I smiled sweetly, shrugging myself out of his grip.

Ray looked shocked and I heard Frank say;

“Oh Toro, man, you got rejected! She’s pretty pissed! Gerard’s been messing with some chicks!” He did his crazy laugh.

“FRANK! FOR FREAKING HELL! HOW DID I GET REJECTED? STOP BEING AN ASS AND SAYING STUFF BOUT ME AND HOPE- YOU KNOW HOW THINGS ARE!” He seemed full on angry now; I stood outside listening to his rant. In a quieter voice Ray continued;

“Look you know how things are… nobody knows if she will even come back! I can’t bear to lose her… not this time. We where gonna be together - have a life.”

“SH!T! Ray, man… Toro? Man I’m so sorry! I keep talking crap don’t I? I don’t know… but Hope seems to, well- I don’t know- but you and her have like a thing going on!” Ray growled slightly. I was still stood outside the music door- eavesdropping I guess you could say. I blushed at the ‘Thing going on’ comment.

“But, obviously I know she is you girl- I know, I know, me and my big mouth, eh?” Frank had managed to cool Ray off. Why do they keep referring to Rays ‘Girl’ as she. Is her name forbidden of some crazy sh!t like that?!

“It’s fine Frankie, sorry, sorry- I over exaggerated! But –ugh- I’m so worried man, what if she doesn’t come back? You know what her parents are like!”

“You know her- man- she’s going to get through this, and if she comes back she'll be all yours! I’m sorry ‘bout the Hope thing- she’s an awesome girl- she may have a soft spot for you Toro!” Frank teased;

Crap! I muttered under my breath.

“Thanks Iero! You think? Well, I don’t wanna lead her on…” I peered round the door to see Ray frowning.

Well, this is a big muddle of confusion, love, heartbreak, pain and whatever else these boys are keeping from me.

“But, why do you think she’s so pissed at Gee then? If you think she likes me…? Which I don’t think she does- but she seemed pretty pissed, just ‘cos he was spending time with another girl- not like he wanted to show Lindsey around!” Ray continued.

“Man, there are some things I will never find out about girls- like why Jamia chose me.” Frank said outright. Causing Jamia to laugh and blush slightly- then leading to a kissing fest.

“Dude! Calm down the freaking PDA!” I swear he blushed before turning away and walking out the door, unfortunately spotting me eavesdropping outside the double doors.

“H-Hope?” He swallowed nervously- knowing I heard every word.

“Uhm, I’m so sorry! I-I just… overheard…” I trailed off from my lame excuse.

“Oh god-dammit!” Ray cursed, Frank walked out too- on a break from his Public Displays of Affection.

"Oh- hey Hope!” Frank waved, then seeing Ray’s distraught face- he pieced two and two together.