chapter v

Chapter 4

They Don’t Believe In Us.

A week has passed since I met Gerard Way and his troubled brother, Mikey. Every day I still directed Gerard around, I was not even sure if I had to anyway.

Gerard has really affected me in the week I knew him, affected me for the better, of course. We were ‘hanging out’ in tutor time; I had recently got him into Green Day.

He was still as shy as when I met him.

We both had been through pain and it felt good to talk about those little things.

“Hope Brown!” Emily came charging up to me, her trusty iPod blaring ‘Poprocks and Coke’ an amazing Green Day song. I swivelled around in her direction, leaving Gerard to listen to some of my Green Day songs; he was hooked on ‘Homecoming’ at the moment. Emily jabbed her finger in my direction, what crawled up her ass and died?

“What?” I snapped, this reminded me of that first day I met Gerard, I had been in this spot, rocking out to Green Day. He had tapped me on the back, looking not at all pleased, just like Emily was doing now.

“You have not been with me all week! Gerard can show himself around… No offense” She directed towards Gerard, he just nodded, turning back to his music “What’s his problem?” She whispered.

“Nothing, he is shy, that’s all… You could have at least spoken to me this week! Hang out with us…” It always annoys me how she does that, I don’t see her at all, now she comes up her blaming me for ignoring her!

“Okay, I will meet you at the front then, with Gerard, Mikey and that other person… Alicia?” I nodded “Yeah! Cool… I’m sorry for shouting at you… it’s just you’re always with Gerard… I never see you! I miss our chats about Green Day!”

She laughed along with me, I had the feeling I had just forgiven her. Gerard handed my phone and earphones back to me, ‘The Last of the American Girls’ was playing, I supressed a grin when I heard that song. Gerard was slowly coming to the ‘Green’ side.

As soon as Mrs Cherry dismissed us from drama, me and Gerard, as usual went off to meet Mikey and Alicia at the front by the gates, hopefully Emily will fit in with us.

“Hey, Mikey” I greeted him, still feeling uncomfortable around the two boys.

“So, Emily, my friend kind of invited herself to hang out with us today” Mikey looked uncomfortable, Alicia didn’t seem too bothered, and Gerard already knowing the news turned away to speak to Mikey.

“Hope!” Emily sat next to me in a flurry of movement “Hi, Gerard, Alicia, Mikey” she greeted politely. They all nodded back at her and we fell to an awkward silence.

“So, Gerard, have you completed the art assessment?” Gerard’s calm features immediately turned to one of worry and his eyes sent a confused question to me.

“It is due today, Gerard” I laughed, pulling myself to a standing position “We better do it in the library, I will help” I offered, Gerard nodded still looking confused.

“Hope!” Emily stood up, followed by Mikey and Alicia.

“Okay… we can all go to the library” I laughed, my cheeks going a bright shade of pink when I realized my hand was clamped on Gerard arm.

“CRAP!” I gasped “What…?” Gerard asked uncertainly.

“Sorry…” I said gesturing to my tight squeeze on his arm, letting go, I hid behind my hair. Emily strode up to me… thank my best friend to save me from an awkward situation.