Chapter 1

<Meet the girl A.K.A The normal girl>

Ellie, tall, long light brown hair girl with turquoise eyes and tanned skin. The commoner of Gardina, longed to meet the prince of Gardina but she never had a chance to, since she's just a normal girl in a Fairytale.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ellie, 16 this year and she had never once stopped believing that she would, one day, meet her Prince Charming. She attended a private school in her local town because her parents placed her there and she just went along with it. She was called 'the girl with rare eyes' because her turquoise eyes were so rare in Gardina, just like gold.

Ellie was always optimistic despite how everyone treated her and not to mention, a sweet, caring and friendly girl. Despite everything, Ellie had always felt that she did not fit into this society because of her intelligence. Some people would outcast her, others would approach her and ask for her secret to be smart or to tutor them for their next test. Ellie would always offer help and ensure that she transferred her knowledge to those that came to her.

Acing almost every subject, getting a B plus for her mathematics, people had always thought that her intelligence was because of her turquoise eyes. But Ellie knew better than anyone else, that hard work played a heavy part in most of her life. All her efforts for acing tests were because she wanted her parents to pay attention to her instead of her not-so-nice sister. Ellie had not resented her sister, despite all the things she did, but sometimes she wished that her sister didn't exist. How Ellie always hoped that one day when she opened her eyes, her sister would just disappear into thin air.

Her sister, Daphane, 14 years old had Blue eyes, light brown hair and tall with tanned skin. she disliked Ellie to the core and would always force Ellie to do her homework -given Ellie smartness, her sister took advantaged of it. She was offended that Ellie always wanted attention on herself by scoring all As. But Daphane knew that her parents would not even look at her sister and she would always be secretly happy. Deep inside, Daphane was elated that she could framed Ellie for every bad deed that she, herself had done or created and not gotten any scolding from their mother. But to Ellie, it was sometimes too much to bear, though her parents never said a word about her presence, she knew that she was the "extra" one in the Swift family. Every bone in her screamed the fact that she was not welcome and that maybe she was picked from the rubbish chute.

Her parents were always flying overseas and she was the one being left behind with Daphane in their 3 storey penthouse. (they're rich, filthy rich. So rich that Ellie didn't even understand where they got the money from). But her sister would always party late into the night, either in a club or using the house to host one. So Ellie had the whole house to herself on certain days, but there would be times when Ellie would loiter around in the park with her laptop and doing work. Sometimes Ellie did not understand the reasons for not hiring an extra helper to clean the house or helped take care Daphane but she figured that leaving Daphane's life in her hands was the way her parents wanted to punish her for being the "Extra" one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

''Ellie! Don't wait up.'' Daphane shouted from the living room and I sighed. I bet she was going to a party with one of her friends from school. Bingo, 100 points to Ellie. I poked my head out from the kitchen door and saw my sister wearing very short black shiny skirt (like a micro mini skirt. I would not want to see her A*s) and a pink tight tank top. AND SHE'S JUST 14, Save me.... someone..... But it was so tight and short that I thought I saw things I shouldn't even see. But then again, she's Daphane, she didn't even care about whether or not to cover herself up and partying flows in her damn blood.

Then again, she's my sister and I had gotten used to her wearing this type of outfit for as long as I could remember. Though sometimes I reminded her that she should cover herself and protect her female dignity, but it turned into deaf ears.