Chapter 16

<It's finally time>

"Rumours has it that Gardina's Prince Ethan was dating a commoner. Was it true or not? See the pictures and answered it yourself!" My jaw dropped when pictures of Ethan and I were at the park, liplocking, at the cafe and in school were shown. How did they got those pictures? But they had the decency to blur out my face and put a question mark on it. I felt like I was humiliated, like I tarnished Ethan's name and mine. I felt like I was the black sheep in the Royal line and that it would be better if I wasn't the princess. But who would have done that? Who would have took our pictures and gave it to the local news?

"Ethan...." I said and turned towards him, wanting to ask if he knew who did it. His jaw was set and he seems furious about it. I was shocked to see Ethan's reaction and was almost too afraid to touched him. It was like he would explode if I touched him. We were in my room sitting on the couch watching documentaries when the news flashed it. I wanted to tell Ethan what I was thinking, I wanted to disappear. His fists were clenched and he seems to be boiling inside. I could felt his anger vibe cruising through the room and he was ignoring me.

"Ethan....." I tried again and this time, he turned to face me, anger burning in his green eyes. I flinched a little and switched off the television to face him. It was too distracting. All too distracting. Ethan must knew who had done all these. He must knew if not he would not be so worked up over it. But I had never had any friends (except Maybel and Max, but they would not do this) or enemies (maybe Daphane?). So I could not thought of who was the mastermind behind this.

"Ethan, you knew who did it." I said instead of asking in a whisper and looked down. Why was my life always so complicated? good things came into my life, only Betty and Ethan are the good things. This had made me too stressed up to handle. "It must be my stupid uncle trying to gained the throne for his son." Ethan said, disgust and anger in his voice. I managed to hold back my tears and not cry.

"Nice guess Ethan." Came a voice so deep I thought I imagined it. I turned to the door and saw a guy, as tall as Ethan, with pale green eyes and brown messy hair, smiling at me. He was wearing a trench coat and leather boots with a V neck t-shirt and jeans. He would be another male species that females would fell in love with. Ethan just stared at him and did not replied. "You must be Ellie. Nice to meet you princess. Though I would advice you this..." He stopped halfway and walked over to me before tucking my hair behind my ears and pulling me up a little, whispering "I would be better than Ethan." Before he could do anything else, Ethan had pulled me away and I fell straight onto his strong chest.

His heart was beating fast and I heard "Hands off my princess, Elijah. I had my eyes on her first." Ethan said and I blushed a little. He claim that so loudly without even wavering. But in some ways, I didn't felt like I was a property, it felt like Ethan wanted me to be just his. I looked up when Elijah started laughing loudly and I thought he was crazy. "Yours!? Absurd. A commoner for a prince. Low class." And he walked away laughing. Ethan had clenched his fists and I had stopped him from wanting to punch his cousin. Ethan could be in big trouble if he had landed a punch on that arrogant jerk. But then again, it was my fault I'm the beginning. But why did his cousin appeared suddenly? The royal family really were full of magic? Appearing and disappearing out of nowhere?

It was all my fault. If I wasn't born, all of these wouldn't have happened and he wouldn't have to see this piece of news or encounter his arrogant cousin. I sighed deeply and "I'm sorry Ethan. I caused too much troubled for you and your family." I whispered softly enough for him to hear me and Ethan lifted my face up. That was when big fat tears fell out of my tear duct and rolled down my cheeks. I managed to maintain my cool in front of Elijah but I felt guilty and troublesome. Maybe I should have denied that I was Queen Nina's daughter. That would have certainly saved everyone the trouble. Denying it would probably set me back to the life I once had. Being tortured by Daphane and not having any love. That would be better right?