Chapter 13

<A hint of happiness>

"Ellie! I need to leave now..... WOW!" Erica voice boomed loudly into my room making me jump up from my half-awake position. But because I sat up too fast, I got a little dizzy and I rubbed my eyes. I stared at her stopping at the doorway, wondering why she did not walked in and I realise a heavy load on my leg and waist. I looked down and saw Ethan sleeping peacefully on the outer side of the blanket with his jacket and I blushed.

"I saw nothing!" Erica closed the door before I could even stopped her. But I just sighed and what she saw couldn't be erased so I should just leave it as it was in her mind. I turned to look at Ethan and I shook him awake. He stired slightly before pulling me down onto the bed. I was on top of him now and the blanket was in between us, which I was grateful for and I couldn't helped but giggled.

"Morning Pretty." Ethan whispered into my ears making me shiver. The morning air was chilly and I wondered how Ethan could slept outside the blanket without getting a cold. He didn't missed a single beat and immediately pulled me down for a kiss. Which I was a little shock at his emotions and I remembered what had happened yesterday night. I confessed my love for him. He deepen the kiss, his tongue asking for entrance to my mouth but I bit his bottom lips and broke off the kiss.

"Your sis saw us in this position." I said after our kiss but I meant him sleeping in my bed and not us kissing. But I just omitted the rest, I continued to look at him to see what was his reaction. His eyes widen a little and he relaxed by kissing me lightly on the lips. I smiled against his lips. "I Love you, future Gardina Princess" He said replying to what I said yesterday night and I sat up looking away. That reminded me. I am the Princess of Gardina but the difference was that I am a more distant one. Like maybe part of Gardina. I didn't knew how to feel, I meant like, Ethan and Erica grew up in a castle. I grew up in a house where everything was taken care by me singlehandly. So having someone else taking care of me was a little too overwhelming.

"What's wrong Ellie?" Ethan asked and I felt him moved closer towards me but he did not reached out to touch me. The bed surrounding me dipped a little and I shook my head and sighed. I guess I wasn't ready. But who could? Imagined being announced the princess suddenly. It was like one day you're a normal human and the next, you're to stay in the castle. One could only dreamt of it but it was all reality to me. I guess it was also because it happened too fast for me to catch my breath.

"You scared?" he spoke again but this time in a softer tone. I nodded and felt tears filling up my eyes again. I need to stop my habit of crying because my tears came too easily and it would not be good as a princess. Erica was someone I needed to learn from. His hands was running circles behind my back and I heard him sighed behind me and I imagine him frowning. He was the prince, I'm sure Ethan could helped me. But what if one day he wasn't here for me? Who could I turned to?

"Don't be afraid. I'm here for you always." Ethan wrapped his arms around me and tears flowed down my face. I wiped it away because I felt that my eyes would dropped out soon. It was painful enough to know the fact that My Foster parents -My Biological father- didn't admitted that I'm his biological daughter and treated me like I was nothing. Even though he did promised me that he would protect me always, but promises could always be broken. It hurts more than anything else in the world. But it was also safe because I knew that my dad never abandoned me too. It was like he had taken me with him and protected me against the fate that I would be someone else's adopted daughter.

He hugged me tightly and pulled me closer to him till I felt his breath on my neck. "Ellie, don't cry. It breaks my heart to see you crying." Ethan said with a hint of sadness in his husky voice and I'm glad that Ethan was here for me. Without him, I'm nothing but a loner. I had never imagined I would fell for a guy. All my life, I had not thought of love except to my dog. I had never imagined that someone like Ethan would waltz into my life and stay put. And he sure tried his best to break all those iron bars I wrapped myself in against the world.